Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Iliotibial Band Syndrome – any remedies
  • ThePilot
    Free Member

I've been suffering from this lately when I cycle.
    Any known cures, remedies, tips, stretches to get rid of it?
    Have tried stretching and massages which help but only temporarily.

finbar
    Free Member

You need to squash the living s**t out of it with a foam roller – Google or Youtube will show you how to do it.

I couldn't be arsed to buy one so used a full two litre coke bottle, which was absolutely brutal but sorted it right out eventually.

TooTall
    Free Member

second the roller – get a foam one and prepare for pain like you never knew you could inflict upon yourself.

ThePilot
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will give it a go. Much screaming to come!

MS
    Free Member

or a sports massage. It works better but more costly!

MadBillMcMad
    Ewan
    Free Member

Foam roller has sorted me out a treat after struggling with it for a couple of years. Only hurts the first time you do it. Unless you're a big girl obviously. 😆

Pippalarge
    Free Member

+1 for the foam roller.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

+1 for roller, though use a metal drinks bottle for added pain! it relieves it straight off, but i would recommend proper stretches and ideally sports physio for best results. and make sure your seat isn't too high!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pahhh foam is for panzies, just get a rolling pin or tennis ball, cricket if you are a real man.

Also REST, mine got worse and worse untill I couldnt walk, then once I couldnt do anything for a few weeks, miraculously got better.

Dont massage the knee, its a friction problem, massage will only inflame it even further!

scottishbadger
    Free Member

You need to find out what caused it in the first place, and make sure it doesn't come back. Foam rollering will ease it, but you need to get to the root of the problem. I had it, caused by biomechanical issues and fixed with massage, strengthening and orthotics.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Iliotibial Band Syndrome – any remedies’ is closed to new replies.