Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • IKEA sofas….. Any good ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Just been into IKEA to collect a bedside cabinet and had my eye caught by a nice looking sofa they had in there.

It’s the Tidafors model and was really comfy and nice to sit on etc and Mrs renton liked the colour too.

However IKEA being known as cheap furniture I’m unsure of the quality and how long they would last ??

Do any of you have an IKEA sofa and if so what’s the quality like ?

richmars

I think that’s what we have. We’ve had two for a couple of years. Comfy but one of the springs became unfixed a few months ago. Fixed ok with a few screws. Only a problem with one so may have been unlucky.

grantway
    Free Member

I was lead to believe if not all thier furniture is made in Czechoslovakia.
    But I do have a corner sofa bed in Spain that’s been put through its paces and done fine.
    Not the one your wanting.

bigblackshed

We’ve got an IKEA leather sofa in our day room. It’s about 8 or 9 years old. Comfy as the posh one in the living room, taken far more abuse, has worn far better the the other one that cost 3x as much.

Not sure which model it is. Cost about £650. Excellent quality for the money.

woffle
    Free Member

The best sofas we ever had were from Ikea. Forget the name – though they looked something like the Karlstad from the current range but were slightly chunkier and we paid extra for the wool fabric. We had them for about 6 years and they were fantastic.

(We then stupidly ruined them by storing them in a garage temporarily whilst moving houses – it then leaked horrendously and we had to skip them)

mulacs

I was lead to believe if not all thier furniture is made in Czechoslovakia

Stockpiles left over from the early 90’s then, or do you just need to update your atlas?!

Ikea cheap stuff is cheap, their top of the range stuff is v good. We’ve got the leather Stockholm and it’s wearing in well…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

had what I think was the Friheten in a rental property and was the most uncomfortable sofa I’ve ever had the displeasure. Spent 8 months sitting at the table rather than on the sofa. If it hadn’t been short term insurance claim rental I’d have got another sofa.

inbred853

Current 3 seater and sofa bed from IKEA was bought in 2003, Karlanda, and still going strong. I bought one set of replacement covers in 2011 to replace the faded original ones. The sofa bed in particular is very comfy.

tails
    Free Member

Never bought a sofa but Ikea don’t just cater for the cheap end of the market, they have all the bases covered. As above don’t be put off by the name.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve had an ikea sofa and it took a while to break in! Bear in mind the ones in the shop have been sat on by a million arses, and so can appear comfier. Having said that it was one of the cheaper ones.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

IKEA Sofas are made all over Europe some even right here in the UK. I had an Ektorp for 8 years and there was still plenty of life left it when I changed it for something different.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

We have a FRIHETEN corner sofa bed and it’s complete rubbish and very uncomfortable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘IKEA sofas….. Any good ?’ is closed to new replies.