Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • IKEA Sofa Delivery Service – do they make an effort to fit ?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Looking at getting an Ikea sofa and a couple of chairs. One of the chairs would be a recliner and the box dimensions it comes in are too large to fit through any of my house access doors/windows. However if said chair were to be removed from the box and some creative tilting/swivelling etc took place then it may fit. Anyone have any experience of the IKEA delivery people helping out here or would I be left to sort it myself ?

The sofa/chairs must be delivered via IKEA as it’s a model which isn’t available for in-store collection.

The offending chair (dimensions on “Product Information” tab)

The access door dimensions are W 74cm x H 193cm.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of such fun and games with IKEA ? Ta.

jam-bo

If they are anything like normal delivery driver they’ll bitch and moan if they can’t park directly outside your front door, have to carry anything further than ten yards.

Good luck but my guess is you’ll be on your own…

matt_outandabout

Ikea dropped our sofa, snapping a leg off, during delivery. Took 3 months of hassle to get 50% off the cost of the (end of line, cheap in a sale) sofa.
    11 year later I still have my sofa, and it is fine bar the brick the back corner sits on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The guys who came to deliver ours were lovely chaps. Did all they could to fit the sofa in and couldn’t. I tried explaining another method of twisting it (all about Pythagoras’ theorem but I didn’t put it quite like that) around to get it in. They would NOT believe me and wanted to take it back to store until I begged them to give it a try. We got it in 😀 One of them handed me the keys to the truck and said “Right, smartarse, can you finish the round for us then”. We had a laugh over a cup of tea. I can tell you I don’t have moments like that very often…maybe once a decade or so. 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I believe Pythagaros dreamt up his theorem after he couldn’t get his Ikea settee into his living room, so that’s kind of ironic really.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was really just about twisting it one way and getting it in on the diagonal. Please believe me when I say I didn’t once mention geometry when explaining it to them 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I bet you at least used “hypotenuse

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

**** off!

Cougar

You are Richard MacDuff and I claim my five pounds.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*goes off to do a bit of googling*

You can **** off an’ all Cougar. Aren’t you supposed to be doing your sniper training anyway?

Cougar

😆

You know, I’ve done nothing but drop pop culture references all week and no-one’s bitten so far. Stony ground, I tell you.

allthepies
    Free Member

bump for the morning IKEA crowd.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘IKEA Sofa Delivery Service – do they make an effort to fit ?’ is closed to new replies.