Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • IKEA shopping and delivery service, Liverpool area
  • hunta

I need to get a couple of cots installed at my parents-in-laws’ place in Crosby by the time we visit at the weekend. I’d thought we could do what we’ve done on occasion down here in the south, which is to get a man-in-a-van to include our order in his weekly IKEA run, then deliver it and assemble it ready for us to arrive (by train…), all for a mutually agreeable cash sum.

However it seems that idea hasn’t caught on in the north west as Google is coming up empty. Everyone seems to need you to do the IKEA shopping yourself, but would then meet you there and handle the delivery and / or the assembly bit. That won’t work for us though for obvious reasons.

I don’t suppose anyone knows anybody in the area who offers this kind of thing?

Esme
    Free Member

I may be able to assist with the purchasing bit, hunta.
    Are you able to arrange the transport?

hunta

Hi Esme. Thank you for offering, I wasn’t expecting anyone to jump in first hand like that. Were you planning a trip yourself or something?

I’d need to explore this some more. I know you can get IKEA themselves to deliver once you’ve paid in store, which might be easiest, but I wouldn’t want to create any hassle for you and the same goes for having to arrange for you to hook up with a third party delivery. I’ll do some research though and if I can find anything which looks like it won’t put you out too much then I’ll definitely be in touch.

Thank you again.

bamboo
    Free Member

Order online and assemble yourself when you arrive there?

johndoh
    Free Member

Get Ikea to deliver to the in-laws and surely they know someone who would be glad to help putting them up (even if it’s just a neighbour doing it for a couple of bottles of wine)?

EDIT: Re. putting them up himself, I was going to suggest that too, but assumed there was some timing issue that made it impractical.

Ikea – order cots online

Marin
    Free Member

man with a van off gum tree pay him for cots upfront. His charges on completion?

hunta

IKEA won’t deliver without you going to the store in person to pick and pay. I phone the store to check and they won’t take an order over the phone, and their online delivery is around 5 days.

I guess they really want you to eat their meatballs.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Can’t you use travel cots?

johndoh
    Free Member

Try that link I posted above – it appears to allow you to purchase online (although I haven’t completed as I don’t want cots and they don’t deliver meatballs).

Esme
    Free Member

Hunta, email me (in profile)
    (I’m a veggie, so it’s safe for me to go instore)

dan314
    Free Member

You can order online and get it delivered, then use http://www.flatpacks4all.com to assemble it.

bearnecessities

Should Esme’s offer/other avenues fall through, and it’s that important :-), I live a stone throw from Leeds ikea and my journey from work could detour to swing past Liverpool one evening.

Providing cots aren’t that difficult to put together? 🙂

Dropped you a mail.

hunta

Thank you all for your suggestions and incredibly kind offers of help. We’ve actually arrived at another solution, which is to shun IKEA in favour of another well-known provider of children’s furniture who have much more workable delivery arrangements.

In particular thank you to Esme and to bearnecessities (you have mail…), your offers to go out of your way over what seems a trivial thing were greatly appreciated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘IKEA shopping and delivery service, Liverpool area’ is closed to new replies.