• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by stox.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ikea kitchens …
  • stox
    Free Member

I know there was a thread earlier this year which covered ‘are they any good’.

has anybody used their fitting service?

I’m interested to know what they do and don’t do … do they do everything or just basically put the units up?

Plumbing? Gas? Tiling , lighting etc etc ??

agent007
    Free Member

Yes they can do everything and arrange for their own plumber, gas man, electrician etc to turn us as and when needed. Tiling might be an extra which won’t be in the quote from IKEA but you can probably get them to do this too, perhaps for a little bit of extra cash at the end of the job.

coconut
    Free Member

I really rate them for the price range they operate in. They will come to your home and measure up and bring a laptop, they spend a few hours there and model the kitchen for around £50. We went ahead and they itemise everything from installation, electrics (all certs provided), plumbing etc. You can cross off whatever you don’t want and add small items, lots of freedom to get the price how you want. Two guys came in and fitted the kitchen in 3 days and good quality (few builders in the family so had other options). All round very good price and highly recommended. Also it is Ikea so no issues with warranty or arguing over installation, timing or payments, they have very good customer services. Never read an “Ikea ripped me off thread” 😉

coconut
    Free Member

p.s just to add – Ikea take the full payment and contract it all out to local fitters. We ended up with 2 fitters, 1 electrician, 1 gas fitter (hob) and 1 plumber (Ikea sort all this out). Your warranty and contract is all with Ikea and in my experience good workmanship, they would not tolerate cowboys.

stox
    Free Member

Thanks. Very helpful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ikea kitchens …’ is closed to new replies.