• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • IKEA kitchen appliances – any good?
  • Paulio
    Free Member

I’m planning a new kitchen and the Ikea appliances seem pretty good value and have a 5 year warranty. I’m thinking of oven, hob, cooker hood and dishwasher – any experiences on here? Are they ok or best avoided? Googling suggests it’s all rebranded Whirlpool stuff.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m sure it has changed recently and it’s no longer whirlpool at least for some things. All the dishwashers supplied have changed in the last 12 months or so. They were still whirlpool when we got ours a little over a year ago but the models had all changed when my parents looked more recently.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve got some in my kitchen, which was fitted before I moved in – they are *very* basic in many respects – the timer on the cooker is clockwork and doesn’t do anything other than ring a decidedly quiet bell when the time is up.

These days I think that sort of thing isn’t really acceptable – a digital timer that switched off the oven would have cost pennies to fit.

Personally, I’d not buy them with my own money.

BearBack
    Free Member

I’ve a range from IKEA. 5 years later it still looks good and works exactly as expected. Only bizarre thing is the Sabbath lock mode. Requires the instruction book to disable. Cheapest stainless front smooth top slide in I could find and better looking than most fancy curvy north american alternatives.

Paulio
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I’m not too fussed about having tons of features. As long as it is well made and will last a good while, which is why the long warranty appeals.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Brilliant kit – far better value than most other makes due to the sheer amount they sell.
    Convection oven and an oven/microwave here – both still perfect

woffle
    Free Member

we had ikea appliances throughout our old kitchen – oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher and induction hob and extractor. All rebranded / Ikea labelled Whirlpool. From memory they were about 20% cheaper than equivalent ‘highstreet’ equivalents / non-Ikea-branded bits – I think the hob was about £385, the cheapest Whirlpool induction at the time was nearly £500.

They all worked flawlessly for the 4.5 years since we had them fitted until the day we moved out. I suspect they’ll still be going in another 5 years time.

If we hadn’t inherited a half-way rescuable kitchen in our ‘new’ house we’d have gone to Ikea for our appliances again, irrespective of whether we were buying any units.

Paulio
    Free Member

It all sounds quite positive, thanks. I think this’ll be plan A unless I come across some good deals elsewhere in the next couple of weeks.

cbike
    Free Member

Ovens not too great. Dunno if they are British or Continental style. ie hotter at the top or bottom.

Based on trying to get results from my folks ikea oven – I bought a fan standalone from Stoves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

got the dishwasher , cooker hood and fridge freezer. no issues in 3 years use.

rickmeister

Very happy with ours too. The carcases are sound, mix and match with your own worktops…

If you can get to a store, there are often unboxed, unmarked appliances from the display kitchens in bargain corner….

cynic-al
    Free Member

My oven and hob are fine, I got them for £150 instead of £600 due to a dent and being end-of-line – clock is analogue but it does start/stop the oven – what more would you want?

Euro
    Free Member

We’ve an Ikea dishwasher, oven/induction hob and fridge. Oven/hob is great, dishwasher is handy and fridge keeps things cold. My kids have a habit of hanging off doors and they worked their magic on the fridge which required new hinges. Other than that, spot on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘IKEA kitchen appliances – any good?’ is closed to new replies.