Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ikea Christmas trees – do they last?
  • MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC is keen to get one of the Ikea real trees, but our local Ikea had it’s last pre Christmas delivery yesterday, so we’d need to sneak in late tonight to try and get one.

Problem is, it will have to live outside till 21st as LittleMissMC has a birthday/sleepover event on 20th.

Would the tree last 2 weeks outside and still have some needles left on it when Santa finally visits?

Drac

No idea as I get mine from the Forestry Commission. Chop about an inch off the bottom of the trunk then sit in a bucket of water and leave it in that, keep the water topped up daily.

Why can’t your bring it in because of a Birthday and Sleepover?

scotroutes

I’d have thought it would last longer outside than in.

PrinceJohn

I don’t think trees like it outside at this time of year, hence they invented Christmas to try & get inside by the fire.

soobalias
    Free Member

is it a scots pine?

scruff9252

Had an IKEA tree last year. Other than cheaper, I remember it being no different to any other tree in past years. Would buy again.

ebygomm
    Free Member

If you don’t want to put a tree up until the 21st you can often get a bargain then.

Over the past 5 years my maximum spend on real 6ft Christmas trees has been £10

Some of the DIY chains give their Christmas trees away after the 20th December.

Last year B&Q were doing buy one get one free at £8.99 each.

I suspect they it costs them to dispose so they’re desperate to get rid.

MoreCashThanDash

Cheers guys.

Tree can’t come in till 21st as the living room will be a dorm for thousands of squealing 8 year olds on the 20th. Personally, I’d have the tree inside and the kids outside. Especially as LittleMissMC and her mother camped out last night in -5 as part of a Guiding challenge!

jota180
    Free Member

Just leave it outside with it’s stump in some water and it’ll be fine

unovolo
    Free Member

For best longevity you must decorate it in Meatballs.

mattrgee
    Free Member

I remember a thread from last year perhaps where someone ‘in the know’ said that all the trees to be sold this Christmas would already have been cut and the longer you leave it the longer you’re getting a tree that’s been without water.

Or I dreamt the whole thing 😯

grantway
    Free Member

Two year back we bought a tree from Ikea for £1 pound and that was fine
    and lasted the Festive celebrations for that year.

andyfla
    Free Member

Cash, didnt everyone spend last night outside – Will and I did ! – it was bloody cold i will give you that.

No idea on trees though

ontor
    Free Member

it’d be a shame to leave all those trees growing on a hillside somewhere…

dr_death
    Free Member

Depends where they get them from I suppose, our local Ikea get them from the local FC place up the road so they are the same trees, only Ikeas are cheaper…

rickmeister

Ikea tree again this year, its lasted almost 8 yrs now.

I admit, we changed the battery, but at 15cm tall with the LEDs and stuff, its doing fine … Both flash and constant settings work great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ikea Christmas trees – do they last?’ is closed to new replies.