Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ignore Users extension
  • chvck
    Free Member

It might be slightly against the point of a forum (I’m hoping this isn’t against the rules of this one!) but i’ve written a chrome extension that very basically allows you ignore any users that you wish to.

It removes their posts and any topics that they author.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ofepchpohomngaphmlpgomglokkekpni?hl=en

(Onzabog and CaptJon, I hope that it’s ok that I’ve used your usernames in the screenshot, it was the first I could find with my username. If you’re not happy let me know and I’ll change it out)

Stoner
    Free Member

who said that?

Why on earth would I want to ignore anyone – that would make it impossible to argue with them?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pook

So, who’s on YOUR list then?

Stoner
    Free Member

it doesnt work… 🙁

chvck
    Free Member

it doesnt work…

What do you mean it doesn’t work? It’s working for me!

So, who’s on YOUR list then?

hah, that’s for me to know!

scaredypants

does it come preset with, y’know … ?

Stoner
    Free Member

ah, it does work now, on desktop.
    Didnt seem to want to work on netbook.

now, is TJ on speedial?

chvck
    Free Member

Selected usernames need to be exactly the same as they are on here, they’re case sensitive. Js also needs to be turned on I guess!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is one already available as well http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-killfile-plugin
    I have started using it. It leaves the post in but changes the text to “joe bloggs said something stupid” which pleases me . Hopefully by ignoring the folk that get my goat I will be drawn into less stupid rows.

How many folk have me in theirs I wonder 🙁

chvck
    Free Member

Ahh I hadn’t seen that. Just taken a look and it appears to work in a fairly similar way but guess it would look nicer. In the next version of mine I plan on adding functionality so that you can click a link on the hidden post and it’ll show it. I’ll probably just add more and more stuff when I’m bored!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Once you install it, how do you actually add users?

chvck
    Free Member

Click the spanner in the top right of chrome, hover over tools and select extensions. Then click on the options link next to the extension and it’s pretty straight forward from there.

Alternatively, click the red X (if it’s showing) in the top right area and select options.

DezB
    Free Member

I can only think of 2 users I’d bother with this for: both roadies. Coincidence?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ignore Users extension’ is closed to new replies.