Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Ignorant old people.
  • Smee
    Free Member

What is it with old people who think that it is perfectly acceptable to just about rupture your achilles with a shopping trolley then swear at you? They then try and take the moral high ground when you call them a charmer.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Have you seen what they do with a Honda jazz.!!!

trailmonkey

they've probably read your posts on here 😉

votchy
    Free Member

There are ignorant twunts from all walks of life and all ages

Smee
    Free Member

It was a little old lady btw.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

kick 'em in the hip. its guaranteed to put any OAP down.

Fact one. Page one in the Big Book of Facts

monkey_boy
    Free Member

you'll be like it one day! 😉

falkirk-mark

The last time someone done that to me I turned round and said loudly "if you push hard enough you might get through" he didn't know where to look

tankslapper
    Free Member

It wouldn't have happened in my day…………..er…oh!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just move quicker, then they can't catch you…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

After crippling you they then leave their trolley in the midddle of the aisle at an angle so nobody else can get past, then taking half n hour to choose an item.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tell me Goan, why do you think "old" people get a little bit ignorant*?

* Probably more to do with a lack of self-awareness rather than ignorance, but don't let that stop you being horrible about them.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you been reading that thread about Sting?

Smee
    Free Member

DD – I would have let the collision go. It was the swearing I wasn't happy with.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But what I'm asking is why you think "old" people get like this? I think we all read enough of your posts to know how you'd react to it, but do you stop to think why they seem a little ignorant to you?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Goan

You need to respect old people a bit more mate. Sometimes they're lonely and simply want someone to notice them. Next time an old geezer bumps into you engage him with polite conversation and ensure he/she has all their mental faculties in place by asking them to spell a simple word like 'euthanasia'

IGMC

Smee
    Free Member

DD – I think they do it because they have been beaten down by years of piss poor labour government and they just want to rebel a little bit. Am I correct?

allthepies
    Free Member

Must be frustrating for them to be making good progress and then find some slow lamer in their way. Did they dust you ?

KennySenior
    Free Member

you'll be like it one day!

No, he's going to be a lot worse than any of today's moaning old gits.

Olly
    Free Member

ban all retired and unemployed from shops between the hours of 12 and 2 when normal people are trying to buy some bloody lunch in thier bloody lunch halfhour.

also

ban any retired from using quick scan tills.
    its a computer! face it, you cant use it!

AND take off the coin option from quick tills.
    the new ones in my tescos are great, scanner works really well now, always picks up the barcode instantly.

slowed down by some biddy then feeding the bloody thing coppers and silvers.

cards only people!

PJ266
    Free Member

Ive noticed alot of rude and angry OAPs too, Id rather be dead than have such a piss poor outlook on life.

Dobbo

No point in pissing on their shoes, they've probably already done that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Id rather be dead than have such a piss poor outlook on life

so do they, but many believe suicide to be a mortal sin resulting in eternal damnation, so they're forced to go around crashing their trolleys into angry young men in the hope of being fragged.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

is it time to bring up old age drivers yet?

you know, the ones who go EVERYWHERE at 46mph, including 30mph zones and then claim to be safe drivers.

Dobbo

An old lady similar to the one that crashed into Goan.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Ever Undergone The Happy Antics Not Allowed Somewhere In America?

Sonor
    Free Member

ve noticed alot of rude and angry OAPs too, Id rather be dead than have such a piss poor outlook on life.

Daily Mail readers. I should know, my dad is one. miserable git.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Which was it, random leg collision or Goan-stops-in-traffic-like-an-old-woman-looking-at-the-nice-hat ?

julianwilson
    Free Member

rupture your achilles?? What were they driving, a shopping trolley or a forklift?

You achilleses (no idea how to pluralise that one!) must be like steel surely, all that gnarl-core singlespeeding and race-winning you do? Man up! 😆

Smee
    Free Member

JW – if it was like steel I wouldn't be able to walk.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It was the swearing I wasn't happy with.

What swear words did the "little old lady" use ? …….. it's kind of hard to comment without knowing

Smee
    Free Member

Ernie she used the words **** and **** in ways that I haven't heard before.

zaskar
    Free Member

@tankslapper lol!

Maybe someone had a bad day but I would still say sorry after wacking someone with a trolley.

Stay positive Goan. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

in ways that I haven't heard before.

Well I thought that I had used both words in every conceivable way possible …….maybe I need to find myself a little old lady to teach me how to use them in more imaginative ways ?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Goan – Member

JW – if it was like steel I wouldn't be able to walk.

Braided kevlar then? 😉

I must admit, old people swearing has a special charm all of its own. You sort of expect them to have forgotten all the rude words they used to use in their twenties and then whoosh!
    Wait until you start bending them around! (errr, I mean in his capacity as a student physio BTW)

coffeeking
    Free Member

The structure of tendons and ligaments is absolutely *fascinating* – they're so strong, yet have non-linear spring rates and are incredibly flexible.

Just thought I'd say, having attended a lecture or two on bio materials in my time – it really is a field I'd love to do more research in.

Smee
    Free Member

CK- around 60% of the propulsion from each step comes from elastic rebound of the achilles – fascinating stuff indeed.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Youth is wasted on the young

cranberry
    Free Member

What is it with old people who think that it is perfectly acceptable to just about rupture your achilles with a shopping trolley then swear at you?

If you haven't made any mistakes you haven't lived.

Smee
    Free Member

which is why i would have been happy to let the collision go….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Ignorant old people.’ is closed to new replies.