Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Iggy Pop!
  • 13thfloormonk

OK, i know there are much more serious problems in the world right now (see the 300 posts below me) but did anyone else see Iggy Pop selling insurance on TV last night?

Nothing worse than seeing an icon of decadence and mindless self abuse, resorting to touting no-claims bonuses on television…

hicksville
    Free Member

a sad state of capitalist affairs I agree

colb
    Free Member

sad sad – even had to explain to the missus who he was – now that is sad 😕

alwyn
    Free Member

It’s almost as bad as the Sex Pistols guy and the country life butter.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’ve heard that Crass are going to replace ‘Howard’ on that bank advert too you know 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It made me laugh, same as John (y rotten/army of one) Lydon

MrNutt
    Free Member

I wonder if he went to “the man” and said “now I wanna be your bitch” 😀

psling
    Free Member

Made me smile!

We all conform in the end, it’s da rules innit 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Live and ley live I say, though I can more understand Lydon selling butter, which is as English as…. And there was not many people more anti-establishment as him in his day, so it kinda makes sense in a paradoxical kind of way.

13thfloormonk

Iggy Pop’s a wierd one for me, was reading about ‘raw power’ and he basically says people like me (graduates with desk jobs) are NOT the sort of people he wants listening to his music.

Screw him, “Your pretty face is going to hell” is the best riding track i’ve ever heard!

Anyway, at least he’s not doing duets with Enrique Iglesias like Santana… <shudders>

m0nster2
    Free Member

I shuddered when I saw it too…
    More alarmingly, my Daughter shouted “It’s Daddy!”

(Physically, I look nothing like Iggy Pop. I think it was more to do with the, ahem, ‘worn’ look)

chakaping
    Free Member

M0nster2 – Either that, or your wife has got something to tell you.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

And Lemmy in the Kit Kat advert a little while ago.

Now advertising Jack Daniels i could understand 😉

naokfreek
    Free Member

It’s just very easy money and alot of it..one days work probably and a minimum of 200k.

MrNutt
    Free Member

are we all missing the point, wasn’t he pitching Insurance insurance? as in insurance for your insurance?? WTF?!? perhaps his new album and its a cunning trick?

oh and just for the record, Mike Watt is the best bass player, bar none.

theboatman
    Free Member

Strange, I always thought he wouldn’t need insurance as he was the passenger 😳

13thfloormonk

Heh heh, very good theboatman.

Got to admit i missed the point of the commercial, other than that it was for insurance, and not heroin/see through trousers/being beaten up by hell’s angels

emac65
    Free Member

It’s easy money,so good on him I say…..

CountZero

Just made me laugh. I just imagine ‘straight’ middle-class parents looking at him in horror, thinking ‘who the frack is THAT?’

grynch
    Free Member

I saw that and couldnt believe it.. next thing you know Johnny Rotten will be doing reality TV

DezB
    Free Member

This is the sad part you’ve all (maybe) missed.

Strangely, I’m a lot less saddened by Iggy advertising than I was by Johnny in the jungle. Heroes are supposed to let us down eventually though, aren’t they.

nickc

Long line of celebrities have done the commercial thing before. Far East had a thing about Hollywood actors doing the most ridiculous promotions a few years back. he’s just the next one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Iggy Pop!’ is closed to new replies.