Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • IFAs
  • CaptainSlow

So following on from the life insurance thread it got me thinking. I’m lucky in that I’ve got good benefits where I work but it wouldn’t hurt to investigate further.

What makes a good IFA and how does one find one?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Article On moneysavingexpert recommended a couple of brokers to get the lowest monthly premiums.

This is something i need to sort too.

bigdaddy

My cousin runs his own small business doing this in Pembrokeshire and has won national awards. He’s a great guy and might be able to help…

http://www.thomasandthomasfinance.co.uk/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Expertise and ethics. Best way to find one would be a strong personal recommendation.

To be honest its tough being an IFA, it’s much easier to be a tied agent. I have a good tied agent, I know he has specific products to offer and he’s honest about whether a specific product is good value or I should look elsewhere

wallop

I guess it depends on product what you want an IFA for.

kcal

Trust – when they recommend a particular ‘product’ you need to know that that really is the best one for you – and that they’ve done their homework on the providers and on you.

I think even the very good IFAs are stuck in a ‘product’ mentality rather than solution TBH.

When we needed stuff – this was before commissions were on their way out – we went for a fee-based adviser – linked to our solicitor – on the basis that we paid them for advice, any commission was rebated back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘IFAs’ is closed to new replies.