• This topic has 46 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • If you're not MTBing, what are you doing?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not another weather thread but with the constant rain and saturated trails what are those who have locked away the mountain bikes doing instead?

Bored as bored can be at the minute.

donsimon
    Free Member

About to sign up for a gym.

nedrapier

Some road riding, bit of indoor climbing in the evenings, wedding planning admin, and spending a bit too much time on here and the i’net in general thinking about and buying bits for a new build.

It’s going to be like Christmas at my desk over the next few days!

binners

Naked paragliding. Well I say naked. Not strictly true. I mean apart from the bow tie and flippers

tang
    Free Member

Badminton – mixed doubles, daily turbo sesh. Still head out to the woods/hills on foot in the rain.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

w**king and w**king mostly.

hunta

BMF. Still get wet, but not for as long.

Keva
    Free Member

still riding but obviously not as much. Did a 14mile loop on Saturday, took 1hr20min, usually this time of year I’d do it in about 1hr5min. State of the trails and the ground is just appalling to say the least, I had to miss one section as i just knew riding it would be waste of time and make the ground even worse. Nothing is inspiring me to go for a 40mile ride whatsoever.

So… more swimming and more yoga.

Bring on winter, hopefully it’ll freeze up and we get nice hard frosty ground to ride on.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I did attempt to go riding on Sunday as the sun was out. Arrived at my local spot and the relentless gloop that stuck to my feet before I’d even turned a peddle immediately put me off.

Just not worth it.

costello
    Free Member

sold my mtbs after 15 years,and zero inspiration to ride this last 8 months….just bought my first road bike and some new weights for the garage home gym thingy

willard

Gym for weights and cardio and, on alternating days at least, running. That’s assuming I’m not at work or hoping the grass dries for long enough for me to mow the lawn.

I’m planning on getting some swimming in the week too at some point. If I must be faced with a wet summer, I’d prefer to use it wisely, hence learning how to do front crawl the triathlon way and getting ready for my BCU 3* Whitewater ticket

toby1

Working – lots and lots of dull IT work, weekends, evenings the lot.

Really really looking forward to project end at the end of the month – a coupe of weeks patching up some of that work and then some time sat in a beer garden talking about bikes. No one here actually rides a bike do they? Don’t we all just talk about it?

I_Ache
    Free Member

At the moment I am dreaming about riding, I don’t care what the weather is like.

For me riding isn’t about the fitness so I don’t see the need to go to the gym or even get a turbo. I ride firstly for fun and secondly because I like being outside, fitness is a handy bi-product.

Having said that I’m going to start swimming in a few weeks, just to get out the house because I’m going a bit loopy at the moment.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Swimming, road riding, running, weights, gym classes, yoga.

binners

Stop being such a big gayer and get on your bike, ya big Jessie!!!

Its only a bit of water. You’re not going to dissolve, you know? Its not like its cold or owt, is it? Go out and get muddy! You’ll enjoy it! Riding in the rain when its warm is ace anyway! 😀

20 miles off road commute home for me in a bit. I have no doubt it’ll be absolutely bucketing down! As per usual. So

khani
    Free Member

Went out in the canoes, 😀 you still get wet, but at least you don’t get covered in shite and have to spend an hour washing the bikes….

trail_rat
    Free Member

ride too and from work and a load of necessary DIY on our house

I am toying with the idea of entering my first SDA dh race in 6 years on my 20″ on one 456 at dunkeld

_tom_
    Free Member

Went for a run today as I can’t be arsed to clean my road bikes drivetrain again. Actually starting to enjoy it now and getting chased by a small herd of cows helped me keep going and pick my pace up a bit 🙂

Other than that I’m either playing guitar or writing/recording music, listening to music or watching tv/films.

martinxyz
    Free Member

scoffing pizza drinking coffee then oiling the motorbike chain before heading off towards either Mallaig or Broadford on Skye. Not sure which yet.

qwerty
    Free Member

Digging.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Good luck Trailrat! I hope you mock a few big bouncers on the way!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

methamphetamines.

I_Ache
    Free Member

have to spend an hour washing the bikes….

Does not compute?????

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BINNERS stop being so homophobic… why do you I have to be ‘a gayer’ to not want to get my (Cove) Stiffee all mucky?

khani
    Free Member

The bikes live in the house….If you go out round here in this weather they have more clay on them than a clayey thing from somewhere with loads of clay…
    I have a mrs..dried clay all over the house + mrs does not compute either…
    I hate clay.. 😥

DezB
    Free Member

Comfort eating

portlyone

Looking at the weather forecast…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well if they live in the house I suppose I can let you off. I just stick mine in the shed after a ride, I might hose them off if I’m in the mood.

khani
    Free Member

I’m from Manchester, leaving the bikes in a shed does not compute either..well not if you want to keep em,
    I live in Billericay now which is nice, but old habits die hard…

peterfile
    Free Member

Working
    Climbing
    Walking
    Camping
    Drinking
    Dancing
    Buying things
    Causing trouble
    Mrs Peterfile

IHN

If you’re not MTBing, what are you doing?

If I’m not what?

ART

Comfort eating

this…

redthunder
    Free Member

Feild Archery on a bike 😉

Mountain Bike Field Archer by SGMTB, on Flickr

schnor
    Free Member

I got some road tyres for the HT 😐 quite liking doing some road work TBH, even with nobbly tyres

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This week?

Wakeboarding
    Sailing
    Snorkelling
    Drinking rum
    Smoking cigars
    Eating fish
    Horizontal jogging
    A little more rum

🙂

Last week? Well, riding bikes in North Wales, of course. 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Spending money that I don’t have, on bike bits I don’t really need, from ebay, to continue the line of Frankenbikes I have started to build in the garage, just to keep out of the house and out of the rain.
    So far:
    Kona – rideable
    Corratec – still polishing the frame
    Orbea – 3/4 complete
    Rock Lobster – just acquired

Then there’s MrsCat’s bike, and bikes for Junior Cats 1 & 2 – unfortunately they want gears, which is a faff! 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Just done a road bike ride, the weather was pi55ing me off that much all day that I just got on with it and said “Balls to you weather!!!”

Did just over 1.5 hrs quite hard, enjoyed ever minute of it when I was out there although I was sat in moaning and graoaning before hand.

Had a shower and felt smug, big two fingers upto the weather, will do the same tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

unfortunately they want gears, which is a faff!

Hey, at least they’re “normal”!

😉

donks
    Free Member

This week so far and to come

Climbing indoors (one day bouldering, one session lead climbing)
    BMX at as many skateparks as I can get to.
    Pop down to the Craufurd arms (local pub) for a beer and watch a band or two
    Wait till saturday for the new Northampton skatepark to open and get over there with the lad..cross fingers for nice weather.
    Might watch the England Olympic footy team play Brazil on Friday?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘If you're not MTBing, what are you doing?’ is closed to new replies.