Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • If you're going to Sainsburys…
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You have to pick up some ‘Taste The Difference Hog Roast Sausage Rolls’

Bloody lovely

That is all

wolfenstein
    Free Member

… don’t buy the nutella copycat (sainsbuys version), it doesn’t taste like the real nutella.. that’s all … still tasty though

lemonysam
    Free Member

Don’t pick up the carton of chicken and vegetable broth at the front of the chiller in the shop in Newcastle Station. The lid’s lose so it pisses soup all over your hand and when I gave it to them to dispose of they put it back in the fridge.

legend
    Free Member

wolfenstein – Member

… don’t buy the nutella copycat (sainsbuys version), it doesn’t taste like the real nutella.

do they still do the coconut version though? That was awesome

ElShalimo

Whilst we’re here, their own brand French mayonnaise is awesome

tthew

Can someone pick me up some beers please, I’ve got a thirst on. Bottled bitter, not a summery/pale one for preference, but I’m not really that fussy.

Ta.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Whilst we’re here…. has anyone tried this yet? (yes, different supermarket I know)

http://m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=284754252

pondo

Funnily enough, I was thinking maybe a few brewskis and a BBQ tonight…

Mister-P
    Free Member

STW forumites have downgraded from Waitrose to Sainsbury’s? This place has gone to the dogs.

CHB

Their Czech pils is lovely as is their premium green pesto. Their curries however are bland and laden with an excess of tomato.

cinnamon_girl

You have to pick up some ‘Taste The Difference Hog Roast Sausage Rolls’

Bloody lovely

Agreed, seems to be the only yummy food that Sainsbury’s are selling these days and my local branch doesn’t stock them. Less and less reason to shop there these days.

bearnecessities

STW forumites have downgraded from Waitrose to Sainsbury’s? This place has gone to the dogs.

Asda here and proud of it. Their smart price furniture polish has more wax than Mr Sheen. Yeah. Beat that.

All I need now is some furniture to polish.

andyl
    Free Member

Avoid Waitrose currys. Their Chinese are good but the currys suck. M&S ones are much better, actually the M&S box meal set is pretty good.

(yes I know I should be making them myself but sometimes it’s nice to pop in for a ready made curry banquet when we’ve both been working a long day)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I shop locally by bike so go to whatever is there. Which is Mozzers, Lidl, Iceland and local shops for local people. Prefer to buy locally sourced farm produce and often do, especially eggs and veg.

Super tasty tomatoes from the farmer’s market at the weekend were the same price as the mid-priced tasteless supermarket red spheres of water. Bet they bought them from Lidl and brown-bagged ’em up 😉

PS any kind of supermarket snobbery is w*nk IMHO. They are most all unethical and unsustainable anyway so who cares whether you shop at Waitrose or Iceland? Unless you think it’s some kind of social status symbol, in which case my condolences.

DrJ

Waitrose Bolognese sauce is totally horrible – tastes like school dinners.

cinnamon_girl

Waitrose really isn’t all that and supermarket meat is rubbish. 😐

Tried a new to me farm shop at the weekend so have been enjoying locally farmed organic beef and lamb as well as locally grown veg. 8)

Edit: apparently part of the year the cows spend some time grazing on an SSSI. Working cattle then.

Cougar

Waitrose might be crap but at least they’re expensive.

(Also, I just typoed that as “Waitsore”)

z1ppy

Tesco BBq sausages rolls are strangely addictive, wouldn’t suggest that there great but I keep buying them!

Have tried the bourbon spread ell_tel, s’not bad (bought as a joke for a bourbon hateing friend) but couldn’t face buying the custard cream one.. Even though I have a mission to find a good custard cream (still searching..though the multi flavour pack aldi ‘used’ to do came close)

porlus
    Free Member

Dont go hoping you can get the 1/4 pound veggie burgers. They’ve stopped doing them. The Porlus household BBQ will never be the same.

legend
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Asda here and proud of it

*reported*

rOcKeTdOg

I’m buying two car tyres from asda

DezB
    Free Member

Unless you think it’s some kind of social status symbol, in which case my condolences.

They do! They bloody well do! 😆

andyl
    Free Member

Waitrose really isn’t all that and supermarket meat is rubbish.

They only sell NZ lamb unless you go to the counter 👿

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I shop locally by bike so go to whatever is there. Which is Mozzers, Lidl, Iceland and local shops for local people. Prefer to buy locally sourced farm produce and often do, especially eggs and veg.

Super tasty tomatoes from the farmer’s market at the weekend were the same price as the mid-priced tasteless supermarket red spheres of water. Bet they bought them from Lidl and brown-bagged ’em up

PS any kind of supermarket snobbery is w*nk IMHO. They are most all unethical and unsustainable anyway so who cares whether you shop at Waitrose or Iceland? Unless you think it’s some kind of social status symbol, in which case my condolences.

What a fantastic post, I think you are great 😀

langylad
    Free Member

We have a Booths and a Lidl equidistant. I go Lidl and wife goes Booths. What really annoys me is when she goes Tescos

ell_tell
    Free Member

Have tried the bourbon spread ell_tel, s’not bad (bought as a joke for a bourbon hateing friend) but couldn’t face buying the custard cream one..

I saw that one too Zippy, but I’m afraid to buy one in case it’s amazing & then I know I’ll just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. And then get fat!

Incidentally, I did pick up some of those hog roast sausage rolls earlier & I can vouch they’re pretty damm tasty!

scaredypants

bourbon spread ell_tel, s’not bad … I know I’ll just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. And then get fat!

A mate of ours has put on a lot of weight lately – he’s been eating tubs of coronation chicken salad using bourbons as a “spoon”

I really daren’t go there 😆

andyl
    Free Member

What a fantastic post, I think you are great

Someone has a man-crush 😉

The price of milk gets my goat. All we are going to get by pushing down the price of milk is a substandard product and stressed farmers going out of business. Does a couple of pence per pint really make that much difference to the purse of the consumer?

craig5

I hate them, but Tesco for everything for me (except fresh meat) so I can double up my club card vouchers at Evans cycles. Cheap beer too. Win win

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘If you're going to Sainsburys…’ is closed to new replies.