Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • If you're going to have two wives…
  • Cougar

… it’s probably best to avoid appearing on live TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42638965

Oops. 😆

Pretty steep sentence too, I thought.

tinybits
    Free Member

The bloke I bought my house from was found guilty of the same thing – he had 2 (young) kids with wife 1. I have no idea how he found the time!

Cougar

he had 2 (young) kids with wife 1. I have no idea how he found the time!

Probably only took a few minutes each.

The story says she thought he was working overseas. Seems a plausible cover story for bigamy, a job where you’re “away with work” for six months of the year.

Poopscoop

I couldn’t manage one marriage let alone 2.

Deserves a medal? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bigamy?

maccruiskeen

Isn’t Big Amy a friend of Louise’s?

tomhoward

I feel a bit more sorry for the new wife than the old, given they’d been separated for years, not sure I buy the ‘sleepless night and depression’ resulting from finding out. Seems like she’s just twisting the knife a bit.

wallop

How stupid can you get!?

matt_outandabout

Bigamy

Bigly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wallop – Member
    How stupid can you get!?

I know! Double the nagging!

😉

wallop

😆

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Now spending a few months a year “working away” for a bit of peace and quiet and bike riding time sounds like a good idea. 2nd wife and family, less so……

mattyfez

Article seems weird, they lived apart for several years..

That said we don’t know whether he was stringing wife 1 along or if they couldn’t/wouldn’t afford to divorce. Who knows, slow news day at the BBC, it’s not like there’s other important things going on.

I certainly don’t have the mental capacity to run 2 chicks at once, it would be like a single core cpu trying to run skyrim.

I have a mate who was seeing other people whilst still married, but thier relationship had completely broken down to the point where the divorce was a very expensive point of contention, and divorce was the only thing they talked about when they rarely met.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I certainly don’t have the mental capacity to run 2 chick’s at once

Urgh. Oh, and, urgh.

devash
    Free Member

One’s more than enough for me thank you!

mattyfez

Urgh. Oh, and, urgh.

I didn’t say I wanted the capacity, just that I don’t have it 🙂

FB-ATB

Don’t forget, 2 wives, 2 mothers in law.

km79
    Free Member

Now spending a few months a year “working away” for a bit of peace and quiet and bike riding time sounds like a good idea. 2nd wife and family, less so……

I know someone who does something like this. His job is in a fixed location about 40miles from home, works at the same desk 5 days a week. As far as his wife is concerned he works there two weeks at a time and then two weeks away at another location 300miles away. He bought a cheap flat near work to live in alone during this time (and the weekend to himself in between the two weeks ‘away’). Wife is none the wiser. Having met her on occasion I can’t really blame the guy.

akira

I certainly don’t have the mental capacity to run 2 chicks at once, it would be like a single core cpu trying to run skyrim.

If you ever go on a dating website you have to use this quote next to your photo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Getting rid of the apostrophe hasn’t improved it totally.

IdleJon

Why is it in anyone’s interest to jail him and why do the government have the right to tell us how many people we are allowed to marry?

Only 1 wife here, and no intention to add to that but I can’t see why this is anybody’s business in the 21st century never mind an actual offence.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Because judges and politicians are usually aging old patriarchal men who still harbour the idea that women are fluffy balls of fluffyness that need to be treated with kids gloves, that all men are evil bastards at heart and the only way to tame them is good wholesome Christian living.

We’re living in weird times, whereby on the one hand women are constantly fighting for equality and not to be treated like kids whilst on the other hand – laws like this are exploited.

IdleJon

I just asked my wife – she’s got far more emotional intelligence than me. She replied that if you’re allowed to have two jobs then you should be allowed more than one spouse. I’m even more puzzled but now worried about my (only) marriage as well. 😆

convert

Dear god – no. Just no.

I know someone who does something like this. His job is in a fixed location about 40miles from home, works at the same desk 5 days a week. As far as his wife is concerned he works there two weeks at a time and then two weeks away at another location 300miles away. He bought a cheap flat near work to live in alone during this time (and the weekend to himself in between the two weeks ‘away’). Wife is none the wiser. Having met her on occasion I can’t really blame the guy.

Soooooo tempting today. My 2nd house would have to be a park bench though. I could make it work.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

And there was I, thinking I needed to come up with the names of two women for this thread, that I could happily be married to at the same time. 😆

rene59
    Free Member

^that would make a great thread!

welshfarmer

Why a man would ever want to marry a woman is a mystery, as far as I am concerned.

But why he should marry 2 women. That’s a bigger mystery!

Edukator
    Free Member

Six xmonths in jail, that has to be worst abuse of public funds I’ve seen recently, can’t someone prosecute the judge for misuse of public funds and squatting a cell that could be better used for keeping a drunk driver off the road.

maccruiskeen

Why is it in anyone’s interest to jail him and why do the government have the right to tell us how many people we are allowed to marry?

Theres the small issue of the wives not knowing about each other. Nothing really stops you from having polygamous relationships but a marriage is a legal contract as well as a romantic relationship. Marriage brings with it all sorts of legal rights and benefits for the partners covering things like inheritance, power of attorney and so on. Being married twice means you’re voiding both those contracts without the two people you have those contracts with being aware of it, so they’re being defrauded.

I just asked my wife – she’s got far more emotional intelligence than me. She replied that if you’re allowed to have two jobs then you should be allowed more than one spouse. I’m even more puzzled but now worried about my (only) marriage as well.

she’s heard the question before so she had a chance to rehearse the answer 🙂

dazh

Only 1 wife here, and no intention to add to that but I can’t see why this is anybody’s business in the 21st century never mind an actual offence.

Exactly. We rightly criticise countries like Iran for persecuting people for religious crimes like adultery and blasphemy yet here we are sending someone down for 6 months for the same thing. Bloody ridiculous.

wiggles
    Free Member

I kind of agree with the above but the issue with marriage (and part of the reason I wouldnt do it..) is that it is a legal contract.

So both wives assume they get your stuff if you die etc so by not knowing about each other it is a type of fraud.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Six months?I thought the punishment for bigamy was two mothers in law.

nealglover
    Free Member

Because judges and politicians are usually aging old patriarchal men who still harbour the idea that women are fluffy balls of fluffyness that need to be treated with kids gloves, that all men are evil bastards at heart and the only way to tame them is good wholesome Christian living.

We’re living in weird times, whereby on the one hand women are constantly fighting for equality and not to be treated like kids whilst on the other hand – laws like this are exploited.

That’s all great. Apart from the fact that bigamy is also illegal for women.

Don’t let that hold you back though 😉

dazh

double post

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That’s all great. Apart from the fact that bigamy is also illegal for women.

Don’t let that hold you back though

Honestly, out of interest…

How many women have gone down for bigamy? Do they get similar jail time?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How many women have gone down for bigamy

Well at least once each birthday I’d imagine

bigblackshed

dangeourbrain – Member

How many women have gone down for bigamy

Well at least once each birthday I’d imagine[/quote]

You’re not married, are you?

nealglover
    Free Member

Honestly, out of interest…

How many women have gone down for bigamy? Do they get similar jail time?

Absolutely no idea (on either question)

But I’m thinking that any discrepancy in conviction rates, will be due to the fact that fewer women than men are stupid enough to break that particular law.

And in not due to the “patriarchal whateverys” you mentioned 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m not just talking about conviction rates, but sentencing

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/plaistow-woman-guilty-of-bigamy-1-1154349

Of course, cherry picking one article doesn’t constitute a general trend.

dannyh
    Free Member

There’s no question that the guy made some bad life choices.

Ant & Dec? Really?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘If you're going to have two wives…’ is closed to new replies.