Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • If your were headed back from BPW to Bradford, where would you ride?
  • Mugboo

We are planning to have a day at Bike Park Wales. We’re thinking we’ll drive down Friday, ride Sat, then ride somewhere on Sunday on the way home. Natural would be nice if there’s anything unmissable, or which trail centre?

Or we hit up a South Wales trail centre on the Sat then BPW on the Sunday.

Natural, we like techy & we are happy to push if it’s worth it for the descent. Trail centres, preferably not Llandegla, although I’ve not been since they added the jumpy bit.

Suggestions please.

Cheers Jason

iain1775
    Free Member

Eastridge, ride the trail (man made but very natural feeling in places, easy to session bits), and then head out over Stipperstones for natural
    Best of both worlds

From BPW you can drive up cross country then up the M55 straight onto M6 so not really out of the way

Forest of Dean another option, or the new trails at CwmCarn?

The Blorenge / Brecon Beacons for natural

grum
    Free Member

Forest of Dean is pretty close. Good DH tracks and uplift there as well

Can I come? 🙂

Mugboo

Cheers chaps.

Iain – do have any routes for Slipperstones or the Brecon Beacons?

I like FoD, never tried Eastridge but one of the lads raced there so I’ll add that to the list.

Grum – not my trip but I can ask if your serious?

welshfarmer

What time of year? I can give you hundreds of options for the Beacons or the Black Mountains but most of the natural stuff needs good long dry spells to be at its best. You could take a small detour on the way home and do Cader Idris.

martinhutch

If you’ve gone all the way to S Wales, I would do the best of the other centres while I’m there. Afan?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Judy Woods

Simon

June 14th/15th, so hopefully a bit dryer by then!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

South Halifax tech 8)

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mugboo – when you off? We’re off down on 6th March and doing Afan Thursday, BPW Friday and CwmCarn and maybe Llandegla on way back.

Appart from that there is F.o.D, Cannock and that’s about it.

Mugboo

14/15th.

Judy Woods it is..!

Welsh Farmer, how about your very best 6hr ride?

welshfarmer

A 6 hour ride avoiding any clag… I will give it some thought

Mugboo

Thank you.

If you were showing somebody that one, unmissable, action packed route, which would it be? And a bit of clag’s not a problem. High on tech, low on endless double track 🙂

I have no idea what the area is like. Moorland or woods? Big climbs, big descents?

Cheers Jason

jekkyl

delamere. lee quarry. cannock.

welshfarmer

Big Climbs, big descents, long fast grassy descents or steep rocky ones, Plenty of options. Should be OK in June so can include some of the high moorland ridges. Do you mind some push up as that opens up a few more options?

Mugboo

Don’t mind pushing if it’s worth the reward.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Judy Woods it is..!

🙂

Don’t forget Storr Hill Descent in Low Moor, it even has table-tops (speed-bumps)!!!

welshfarmer

pm sent to your Gmail account

Mugboo

Cheers Mark.

PatriotPro, I used to buy parts for my 50 from two ugly little brothers at the bottom of that hill. They looked those twins outta Slapshot!

patriotpro
    Free Member

That hill has eyes bud 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘If your were headed back from BPW to Bradford, where would you ride?’ is closed to new replies.