Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • If your salary is £75K, what is your monthly take home pay after taxes etc
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I have experience (3yrs) tech proj man, and I'm a lover of cold hard cash!

DrJ

chase happiness rather than material wealth (the latter has bugger all to do with the former).

In that case you'll have no objection to sending me all your money, right – since you will be happy anyway? Cheque is fine.

miketually
    Free Member

I believe this bit may be a bit tongue in cheek being I think he's actually (no pun intended) a teacher.

Fourth day back at work after my 44 day summer holiday today 😉

-m-
    Free Member

I'm guessing that some people on here have never been subject to an HMRC 'investigation'.

Don't worry, you'll enjoy it. But not as much as they will…

Tiger6791

Fourth day back at work after my 44 day summer holiday today

Still couldn't get me to do it!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Okay which cowardly keyboard warrior is tagging me as fraudulent? Mods – get this sorted now.

Everything is done completely legimately. In fact we are too cautious at times and don't claim for stuff we could. Sail too close to the wind and the taxman will get you.

Please remove these tags at once and mods – do your job and warn the person adding them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Get the company to buy your (or more correctly its) next bike.

Would that not be somewhat dishonest? From a moral point of view?

ivantate
    Free Member

WCA I think £75k is still in the realm of being earnt, whether its hours, firefighting or stressing about targets.

But I fully agree with what you are saying, any higher and you are getting to the 'sitting on the board' kind of catagory.

rkk01
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member
    Okay which cowardly keyboard warrior is tagging me as fraudulent? Mods – get this sorted now.

Everything is done completely legimately. In fact we are too cautious at times and don't claim for stuff we could. Sail too close to the wind and the taxman will get you.

Please remove these tags at once and mods – do your job and warn the person adding them.

Get the company to buy your (or more correctly its) next bike.

Would that not be somewhat dishonest? From a moral point of view?

Agree wholeheartedly. I've had long experience of small businesss owners who seem to pay little or no tax through "utilising" the system and their accountants. From a layman's perspective it comes across as "abusing" the system – more commonly called "taking the p!ss"

Ohhh, and unsurprisingly, many of them staunchly support right wing political and economic policies and are very very vocal about waste of money in the public sector – the hypocrisy boils my blood

Drac

Drac – Been there done that – managed ward and still earn nothing like half of 75k – now work in community so work ‘office’ hours – plus they are not called unsocial hours for nothing

I know what I get so sounds like you left too early. I'm sure you didn't though as there's more to it than cash.

miketually
    Free Member

WCA I think £75k is still in the realm of being earnt, whether its hours, firefighting or stressing about targets.

Not literal firefighting or targets, I assume, because I'd guess it's rather more than firefighters or police marksmen get.

druidh
    Free Member

I earnt that sort of money by being really rather good at my job and saving my company millions of pounds per year. That would involve more than just turning up every day though – a large chunk would be performance based. I guess they thought I was worth it. In fact, they offered to pay me even more to go back as a contractor, but I found earning a pittance in a bike shop to be a bit more rewarding.

tron
    Free Member

I'd guess it's rather more than firefighters or police marksmen get.

Thank god. Have you seen the accidental discharge rates for armed police?

DrJ

But I fully agree with what you are saying, any higher and you are getting to the 'sitting on the board' kind of catagory.

Or else you're getting to the category of people who spent a lot of time and effort at school and uni when their peers were out getting bladdered, and then later in their jobs, getting specific skills, and being good at spotting when to use them, and accepting a life without security or continuity, and the probability that you work in some unpleasant and dangerous places.

But hey, don't let me put a damper on your inverse snobbery.

molgrips
    Free Member

Or else you're getting to the category of people who spent a lot of time and effort at school and uni when their peers were out getting bladdered

Possibly – for every hard working dedicated professional as you describe, there's another cocky sales-based git who bullsh*ts his way to the top learning how to schmooze people in posh hotel bars and clubs…

Possibly 🙂

DrJ

Could well be, and a whole lot of worthy professionals who get paid a lot less, but I'm just saying that some people on a good wage earn their money.

molgrips
    Free Member

Undoubtedly. However as is well known, you don't get paid based on how hard you work, you get paid based on how many people can do what you can do and how badly your employer needs you to do it.

Sad but true.

DrJ

you don't get paid based on how hard you work, you get paid based on how many people can do what you can do and how badly your employer needs you to do it

Of course, but employers find it harder to find people who can do difficult stuff, so such people get paid more.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep. There's an element of luck involved.

MrSmith
    Free Member

why are you lot grizzling? some people earn more money than you. get over it.

DrJ

Yep. There's an element of luck involved

There's an element of luck in that some people are born smarter, or with other positive attributes.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Or get Government assisted places at top schools – lucky me.

molgrips
    Free Member

There's an element of luck in that some people are born smarter, or with other positive attributes.

Yep. Sad but true again.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘If your salary is £75K, what is your monthly take home pay after taxes etc’ is closed to new replies.