Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • If Your clean?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

The point is, she doesn’t have to prove anything> nor , for example does Froome.
    Until someone can produce 100% perfect proof she and anyone else is clear.
    Sadly the scum we call press think its fine to get sales by picking up on anything going. Equally the jokers we call a government. Bet wotisname is wishing he had been a bit more careful with his speech now.
    I would have the utmost respect if she just said eff of and prove it. Sadly we all like to defend ourselves.

MSP

She was called a drugs cheat and it pissed her off

No she wasn’t, she drew a link between the comments made and herself that didn’t exist in anybody elses mind.

The whole reaction to the recent revelations has been exactly like the cycling omerta, attack the message, hide and deny the problem.

And it wasn’t journalists who reviewed the data, it was world renowned anti doping experts, athletics attack on them as amateurs was laughable and pathetic

aracer
    Free Member

Proof that she can’t win. You would have eventually become aware that she had been implicated (if you were paying any attention at all) because as always happens with these things, eventually somebody would have named her, and then with that out of the bag everybody would. At which point you lot would be complaining that “she must be guilty because she’s not denied it before being named”. In fact I read an article yesterday suggesting she should have commented earlier.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/athletics/paula-radcliffe-only-shock-is-former-marathon-champion-kept-quiet-for-so-long-10492279.html

totalshell

i was accused at an nhs hospital by a consultant of been a drugs cheat.. back in 91 i was a competing cyclist wwas refered by gp to hospital with heart murmer.. he and his sidekicks took one look at me and said what drugs are you using all cyclists do it is it steroids your using?

eventually i had another fella review my medical notes and there when i was aged 2 till 11.. i was heavily taking steroids in a skin cream popular at the time to treat excema… guilty as charged.

MoreCashThanDash

Somehow we have to draw a line under this. Until the doling bodies indicate an athlete has a dodgy result, the press and MPs should butt out.

The press made her a hero at her Peak, now they are playing fast and loose with her reputation and livelihood. No wonder she is annoyed.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Until the doling bodies indicate an athlete has a dodgy result, the press and MPs should butt out.

Which is kind of the issue the Sunday Times highlighted; that there were dodgy results and the IAAF knew about them and did nothing.

Now Seb Coe is Prez and has a completely open mind about things

“The fightback has to start here. It is a declaration of war on my sport. “

That’s alright then

Junkyard
    Free Member

she drew a link between the comments made and herself that didn’t exist in anybody elses mind.

Wrong an what aracer said
    There is a cynical group who will use whatever she does as proof of her guilt whilst arguing anyone who wins [ Bolt, Froome etc] must be a cheat. they dont need evidence and everything is suspicious [denying it or not commenting both insinuate guilt for example]

dragon
    Free Member

Her name as a drugs cheat has been doing the rounds in journalist circles for ages, in fact I understand she was going to take an injunction out against the Times I think it was. Problem is for her and all athletics is we know they has been heavy doping and we know a fair amount was swept under the carpet by the IAAF. Was she dodgy make your own mind up, but her heavy protesting makes me lean towards yes.

Yet another iffy Nike athlete 👿

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yet another iffy Nike athlete

Ah another bit of evidence, nike pays for the drugs

Junkyard
    Free Member

And then up pops dragon with the smear to prove the point

Her name as a drugs cheat has been doing the rounds in journalist circles

Well if that bunch of high probity individual thinks it well then it must be true.

Heavy protesting suggest guilt…..you read it here and you cannot argue with scientific fact 🙄

I worry that so many folk are this lazy with their thinking

philxx1975
    Free Member

All this trouble I feel I have caused and all I did was take a morning glory and read the Google news.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    philxx1975
    Free Member

Mike I’m just rising to the earlier DW? remarks 😉

slowoldman

Taking a morning glory???

😯
    I thought you’d just gone in for a crap.

El-bent
    Free Member

Sadly the scum we call press think its fine to get sales by picking up on anything going.

The press in this country is completely out of control. It needs proper regulation to stamp this kind of behaviour out.

Problem is for her and all athletics is we know they has been heavy doping and we know a fair amount was swept under the carpet by the IAAF. Was she dodgy make your own mind up, but her heavy protesting makes me lean towards yes.

You don’t pilot drones for a living and have a judge, jury and executioner complex? Just wondering.

dragon
    Free Member

Well apparently saint Paula thinks the IAAF have been at the ‘forefront of the anti-doping movement’ 😆

Yes what we need is a press that cover these things up and doesn’t make a fuss. Why worry about our taxpayers money being used for athletes to buy drugs and then get rich off cheating?

Metasequoia

I’m more concerned with the grammar in the first post.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘If Your clean?’ is closed to new replies.