Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • If you work in the justice system, this is just great news.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/09/broken-hot-sauce-bottle-attacker-governor-dismayed-that-kevan-thakrar-has-been-cleared-115875-23549960/

Can’t wait for the do gooders on here to defend him even more. No doubt some will assume it was prison staffs own fault, one way or another.

Gary_C

TJ will be along in a mo… 🙄

thomthumb
    Free Member

what would you rather see happen? genuine question.

I know nothing other than the link. but it seems like he had a trial and was found not guilty.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

TJ will be along in a mo…

With a ‘rational’ or ‘valid’ (etc) explanation no doubt.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know nothing other than the link. but it seems like he had a trial and was found not guilty.

Thats because you (obviously) know no-one who works at HMP Frankland, or for the prison service in general.
    (genuine answer)

wors

Bloody outrageous if you ask me.

Do prison officers not have batons or owt?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As a registered do-gooder, I was greatly reassured that the verdict was decided in a trial by jury. I assume that the jury heard all of the prosecution and defence evidence before reaching their verdict. I can’t think of a better way of deciding someone’s guilt. And I reckon that as a general rule, it probably works rather well.

I assume you have a problem with the way the British justice system works esselgruntfuttock ?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do prison officers not have batons or owt?

Oh yes, we have decent batons alright! But this c**t was out to hurt someone & he didn’t care who!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sounds bizzare to say the least. I take it the self defence argument was accepted?

Dunno why you think I would defend it other than the obvious – thats what the jury decided.

Rubbish prosecuter?

esselgruntfuttock – remember I have worked in prisons and I was impressed by the quality of teh prison guards I worked with – and I got to hide behind them when it all kicked off

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ernie, forget it, we have the greatest justice system in the whole wide world. A fact I daren’t dispute.
    An officer on F wing almost loses his life & won’t work in the prison system again, & 2 others won’t (daren’t/don’t think it’s worth it to) work in the system again.
    It’s ok though, justice has been done. Thanks for you input.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Dunno why you think I would defend it ……

The clue is here : “Can’t wait for the do gooders on here to defend him even more”

Aren’t you a do-gooder ?

Don’t sell yourself short mate.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks TJ, your’e probably the only one on here who’s got a clue about what I’m on about!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ernie, i don’t have the time to explain about my role in the prison service. I can post a link about ‘the role of a prison officer’ but I’m not sure you’d be arsed to read it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, forget it, we have the greatest justice system in the whole wide world.

Well that might be true, but I’m not in a position to say that.

I will restrict my comments to only trial by jury, which as I said : I can’t think of a better way of deciding someone’s guilt. And I reckon that as a general rule, it probably works rather well.

Still, it’s nice to hear that you have so much faith in the British justice system esselgruntfuttock.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Still, it’s nice to hear that you have so much faith in the British justice system esselgruntfuttock

After that result I’ve got even less.
    can you explain why It’s ‘nice’ to hear why I’ve so much faith in our justice system? (I assume your’e being a teeny bit sarcastic.)
    You really need to learn a bit about the real world ernie.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

can you explain why It’s ‘nice’ to hear why I’ve so much faith in our justice system?

😕 Because you work within it ? I thought you were expressing some dissatisfaction with our justice system, which would be unfortunate considering your job.

You really need to learn a bit about the real world ernie.

I don’t know what the **** you’re on about – what has that got to do with this thread ?

In fact I don’t have a clue what point you’re trying to make with this thread. Are you saying the case shouldn’t have been decided by a jury ? Are you saying that you’re fine with that but not happy with the verdict ? Are you expecting everyone to agree with you that it was the wrong verdict ? …..although apparently not with your comment :“Can’t wait for the do gooders on here to defend him even more” And if you do expect some people to disagree with the jury’s verdict – why ? Is it because they won’t have seen the same evidence as the jury ? What exactly are you saying ?

And btw, I’m not ‘defending the guy even more’, I’m not defending him at all. I know nothing at all about the case. I’m just defending trial by jury…..which I think is what is really on trial here.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘If you work in the justice system, this is just great news.’ is closed to new replies.