Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • If you work in a building with a lift…
  • camo16
    Free Member

but would you fight them if they were disabled?

FACT: People who lurk on the roofs of monorails, cable cars and light railways are ALWAYS bad guys, regardless of their physical capabilities.

So yeah of course you fight them. Even if, like Richard Burton in Where Eagles Dare, some German’s put a bullet through one of your hands.

Tough folk, us Welsh! 😉

portlyone

So we should only use the firefighting lifts then? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone been on the zipline across the Thames at the Dome (to Excel)?

Whose first to climb out and shimmy across the cable only hanging by thier braces and a cheeky grin..

Don’t forget to swipe your Oyster Card though, you may get a fine.

philconsequence
    Free Member

so you’re saying its possible to be disabled AND a bad guy? like mr jackson in ‘unbreakable’…. next thing you’ll be saying that fat people can sing or ugly wimmin can read the news.

what a brave new world this is

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Papa Laz, where did you work? Not near Warrington was it?

unfortunately, yes.

camo16
    Free Member

Papa Laz, you’re not this guy, are you?

unklehomered
    Free Member

If they can climb onto the top of a moving monorail/cable car, they are, in my view, sufficiently able bodied for it to be OK to defeat them in life or death combat, and then make a laboured pun/pithy joke about it!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

what if you fight them so hard they become disabled?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You don;t need to be chased by this man on a cable car for sure..

philconsequence
    Free Member

what if you fight them so hard they become disabled?

then you’ve both proven yourself as a man and taught someone a lesson, maybe that bad guy will have to spend weeks in hopsital thinking about their life choices, probably going to to set up a charity ‘Used to be Bad UK’ for the newly reformed.

you’ve helped both the train passengers, your parent’s sense of achievement/pride and the wider community in the long run. well done, treat yourself to a biscuit.

Coyote
    Free Member

Papa Laz, wasn’t Chadwick House by any chance? That’s the only paternoster I’ve ever ridden in.

camo16
    Free Member

@ philconsequence – haven’t you watched these movies? This is the scenario: you turn away from the bad guy, brimming with positive thoughts about life, rehabilitation and the benefits of vigilante justice… which is when said Bad Guy (in slow motion) takes advantage of your distraction, rises and whips out his switchblade…

You’ll be lucky to get half way through your biscuit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

its ok, cos then you see the low beam, sign or incoming misile coming, duck and it knocks the bad guy off the top of the train.

camo16
    Free Member

But what happens to the rest of your biscuit?

philconsequence
    Free Member

well if its been built into the plot that you never get to finish the biscuit, then we’ll save it for the final scene in the trilogy, ideally to be eaten on a beach as the sun sets

unklehomered
    Free Member

and depending on the genre, be stolen by a pesky bird or something… or the dog you adopted as your partner in the 2nd reel… Angry face -freeze frame – Music – credits

bikebouy
    Free Member

Along with “your little Chinese Chick” *

* Die Hard 4.0, where Brucie really kicksbuttowski..

camo16
    Free Member

I worry that the audience will dismiss the biscuit device altogether and won’t appreciate the irony of our hero’s biscuit consumption at what – for biscuit eaters worldwide – is a pretty inappropriate location/time.

The rest of the climax, though, is a sure-fire winner! 😉

MrSparkle

I saw Papa Laz yesterday and can confirm that he is Alan Rickman.

JohnnyPanic

Last time i was in Sheffield university arts tower there was one there and many people had ridden it for a full circuit.

There was, I was one of them.

Me too Me too 🙂
    Bit scary. Shakes like a shakey thing with the shakes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Saddly none at work i checked.
    Scariest lift was in the middle east the lift set off and the floor followed about 2 seconds later and the thin plywood floor was bowed beyond description. I wedged myself in a corner whilst the local looked at me like i was soft or insane I was a smidge away from screaming tbh

nealglover
    Free Member

Last time i was in Sheffield university arts tower there was one there and many people had ridden it for a full circuit.

I was so disappointed that the paternosta lift didn’t flip over at the top and come back down the other way up

That would have been awesome 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

I worked somewhere that had the lift emergency call button programmed to what we think was the installation engineer’s mum for some months (Noted during snagging) rather than the 24hr call centre.

Papa Lazarou / Coyote, I can confirm that Chadwick house no longer has the paternoster lifts 🙁

matt_outandabout

I too have ridden the Paternosa doofer fun lift in the Sheffield Uni arts tower. Ace fun.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I was so disappointed that the paternosta lift didn’t flip over at the top and come back down the other way up

Me too

Back in the 80s, there used to be one of these in the Engineering Science building at Oxford University. Did work experience there and ‘accidently’ did a full circuit more than once.

sniff
    Free Member

It’s the voice recognition ones you need I look out for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0DGA2VV3cI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pook

I’m going to get some t-shirts made..

“i’ve ridden the arts tower paternoster”

matt_outandabout

Do it Pook, there are more than enough people around…

Duggan

Trapped in an Elevator for 41 Hours:

NB- he appears to go for the ‘roof hatch’ option after approximately 24hours 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘If you work in a building with a lift…’ is closed to new replies.