Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • if you were to be another race/nationality?
  • TiRed

French, pretty much the same as the British on most statistics, but with better food, wine, cycling, style and longer life expectancy…

hels
    Free Member

Kiwi is the best Nationality ever no contest, but if a gun was at my head I would have to say Belgian. Then at least I would be able to speak French. (OK Walloon for the pedants)

elaineanne
    Free Member

i wouldnt like to be another nationality/race : im happy and proud to be British 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

French, pretty much the same as the British on most statistics, but with better food, wine, cycling, style and longer life expectancy…

I take issue with the food statement! Rather have British food any day of the week! (Yes I’ve had a fair amount of French food)

Personlly, I’m really proud to be English, and of England, but if I HAD TO choose another, I’d be Italian.
    Best climate I’ve ever experienced, they’re all a bit mad, they know a bit a bout cars and bikes it has to be said, and THEIR food IS fantastic!
    And the country has that same sort of ‘lived in for 2000 years’ look where the surroundings compliment the buildings and visa-versa that England does. Like it’s meant to be there…..
    And they have a wacking great huge volcano (Etna) 🙂

ton

i have just been to have my blood taken………..i now want to be from lesbania……..cos the lady doctor was hot hot hot… 8)

DrJ

Dutch.

You want to be tall and very rude?

ianv
    Free Member

Andorran
    All the good points about the french but way more laid back people and low taxes.

DezB
    Free Member

Shaolin Monk please

john_drummer
    Free Member

Well if you’re counting Sicily, Italy actually has two volcanoes. I wouldn’t fancy being in Naples when the other one next goes off

Edric64
    Free Member

Then at least I would be able to speak French. (OK Walloon for the pedants)

Or Flemish?

Edric64
    Free Member

i wouldnt like to be another nationality/race : im happy and proud to be English.(fixed)

scruff
    Free Member

Mongol ( way back in the day before it meant being a spastic).

ton

oy lisa………….**** off 8)

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve never really thought of myself, or branded myself, as a “race” or “nationality”, just “me”. I’ll just carry on trying to be me. It’d definitely be interesting to live somewhere really different and get lost in some other culture for a while though.

greyman
    Free Member

‘nother vote for Italian

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mongol ( way back in the day before it meant being a spastic).

I’m assuming you are referring to Downs Syndrome, which is distinct from Cerebal Palsy…

Kevevs; what about being a Japanese girl? Could go about in all sorts of strange garb. Would be fun!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member
    I’ve never really thought of myself, or branded myself, as a “race” or “nationality”, just “me”. I’ll just carry on trying to be me. It’d definitely be interesting to live somewhere really different and get lost in some other culture for a while though.

So you want to go somewhere different to experience their culture, but you have no culture of your own?

Or more precisely, you don’t associate yourself with the national or racial culture of where you live/have grown up? Sounds very insular.

rootes1

French…

if you are French it must be the best as they think everyone in the world is inferior..

flamejob
    Free Member

I don’t have a country any more so I just adopt the one I’m in.

If I could I’d go back to being Rhodesian

Tiger6791

Elfinsafety – Member

When I was very small, I wanted to be a fire engine.
    Imagine my dissapointment when I learned that this could never be…

You can change your name to Dennis though!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Canadian for me. 40+ times the size of this place & 1/2 the population, NHL on the telly every night, BIG **** off mountains in Alberta & BC, & people who are proud to be Canadian. (plus in Alberta & BC they don’t like the French either)

Northwind

“Mongol ( way back in the day before it meant being a spastic).”

Come for the tiny horses. Stay for the awesome barbeques.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

North Korean. Cant be arsed with this free and independent thought thing any more

grantway
    Free Member

Australian

john_drummer
    Free Member

BIG **** off mountains in Alberta & BC

oh yeah

backhander
    Free Member

Canadian so that I could live in Canada with the bears for ever and ever or until I die. Whatever.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Amerindian – the people who I was happiest amongst and seemed the most content people on the Earth. They live in a really Marxist kind of way, with everything shared equally (at least the Makushi tribe do). Loved being there, hated leaving… wish I had stayed then perhaps my life wouldn’t have been quite the **** up it turned out.

Still – live and learn I guess.

(sorry – been drinking way too much tonight, solo drinking = introspection… 3 bottles of red down, only one to go)

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘if you were to be another race/nationality?’ is closed to new replies.