Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • If you were thinking of buying a Magicshine light…
  • Nerra
    Free Member

I would buy one before the end of the month. I have it on good authority from a friend who works for a bike distribution company that Magicshine will be enforcing RRP prices across all UK re-sellers from February 1st meaning prices will rise by around 20%. This includes eBay apparently.

I got my 872 from these guys last year. They were super helpful and they actually seem to be riders themselves.

So if you were thinking about it, don’t wait too long.

monkeyboyjc

Or just buy one from china/hongkong for £17……

tomhoward

Legally they can’t, so that could be interesting.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Astroturfing?

Nerra
    Free Member

Yeah, the factory in China will no longer sell to you if you if you have a UK address as they have appointed a UK distributor.

iain1775
    Free Member

You wouldn’t happen to have connections to that site you linked to would you Nerra?
    😉

allthepies
    Free Member

All the Chinese knockoff versions will still be available however 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Astroturfing?

To the point where I was going to get a STW Sevens team organised.

Bagsy striker!

allthepies
    Free Member

Name Wazza
    About Me Cyclist, surfer & pilot in training.
    Location The Peaks

Domain name:
    bikelumen.co.uk

Registrant:
    Warren Harper

Wazza, Warren, wot a coincidence.

Just sayin like.

nealglover
    Free Member

Busted 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

/Sherlock Holmes Mode On

nerra + w = nerraw

nerraw backwards is warren.

Dun Dun Duuuuun!

allthepies
    Free Member

Nerra
    Free Member

Ok, I designed the website for them which is why I know the prices are going up.

The fact still remains though so if you’re thinking of getting one then go for it. You obviously don’t need to buy it from them, buy it where ever you choose.

Jamie, good work deciphering my nickname. I’ve used it on forums for years and no one has ever picked that up 🙂

dhyetiman
    Free Member

I would just get one of the Chinese lights from http://www.evomtb.co.uk I ordered 2 and they turned up on Saturday, went out on Saturday night and they outshone my mates magic shine (not sure what model but it had 3 LEDs in it by the look of it) he subsequently went and ordered one to! Also I didn’t think that price fixing was allowed, RRP is RECOMMENDED retail price, yea they can recommend a price but they can’t legally enforce it!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Also I didn’t think that price fixing was allowed, RRP is RECOMMENDED retail price, yea they can recommend a price but they can’t legally enforce it!

^^ I suppose what you can do is just stop supplying dealers/shops/resellers that don’t sell your product to your RRP though. I can think of at least one very established overseas bike brand with a UK distributor which manages to do this very effectively indeed across lord knows how many bike shops across the UK. It is likely that someone who knows the business better than I will point out a few more I hadn’theard about.

Nerra
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure there is no law to say that a distributor can’t enforce a price. Apple do this with all their products.

This is different from say retailers going behind the scenes and artificially raising prices of a commodity for instance Tesco striking a deal with all the other supermarkets to raise the price of milk.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘If you were thinking of buying a Magicshine light…’ is closed to new replies.