Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???
  • MSP

So, had a few minor financial problems recently, which means I don’t have the budget for the bike I wanted for the summer.

I am looking for something cheap and cheerful second-hand, slack angles, air shock and around 160mm forks, I expect to get the frame and forks separately and already have wheels and running gear i can fit to it all.

What frames should I be keeping an eye out for on the classifieds?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Heckler, Mega, (load of otheres at whatever price you decide) anything 26″ that is old fashioned now..
    Fork 36/Lyrik or new X Fusion

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pitch and lyriks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

Prophets were underrated and cheap now.

MSP

Heckler is a bit steep for its travel, I had one and felt quite high up and on top of the bike. Mega is a good shout.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Build the heckler round a long 160 and its great.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Trek scratch?

Whole bikes can be had fairly cheaply

MSP

I did, still steeper angles than other comparative bikes.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Giant reign? Head angle maybe too steep though, if you look at older frames look for something that will fit a slackset/ angle reducing headset , what is your budget?
    What about a great slack LT hardtail along the normal lines- heres an old thread so look for these type of frames
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/long-travel-hardtails-show-me

When money was short I built a Transition vagrant with 36s and it was great fun and only cost a few hundred quid

br
    Free Member

MSP

Defiantly don’t want a hard tail, I need some skill compensation.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

BTW i have a Mega- great bike and cost around 500 for frame and 250 for forks( lyriks)both off the classifieds

kayak23

Titus El Guapo, through On-One.
    £800 brand new I think…which is ALMOST like second hand prices on many frames.

I have a Mega. It’s pretty good.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have an 06 Enduro frame with a shock that works fine but has wear on the stanchion that I could be persuaded to part with for £200. Its a great bike but too short for me, its a medium and I need a large. Works fantastically with Lyriks.

Tracey

You wont go far wrong with a 05 or 06 Specialized Enduro with some Lyriks. . We have had three, only sold as we got 2011 Enduros, daughter still has hers.

ianpv
    Free Member

I had an 05 enduro, didn’t love it, but was great when it got up to speed. It would be a good choice for enduro racing.

I also had a heckler, and agree that it is too short/steep, and a long fork didn’t really help it.

Old reigns are bit too steep too, I think.

I then got an 08 patriot which is bombproof and adjustable – I run it at 160mm both ends most of the time, but have run it with a short shock for 140mm travel and longer coil shock for 178mm travel too. the only drawback is a 27.2 seat post really. Still got it, can’t really see the need to change it, to be honest. Although I’m off the bike for 6 months at least if you fancy buying it (I have a selection of shocks and shock shuttles, too!).

Prophet also a good choice and silly cheap now (also 27.2 post though).

One advantage of old single pivots is that a bearing change isn’t going to cost the earth (about a tenner on the patriot, for example). FSRs get a bit more pricey and fiddly to change the bearings on if you’re tight for cash.

Dave
    Free Member
    lank45
    Free Member

2006 enduro, great bike and can be picked up for a decent price as shown a few posts up ^^^

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just when you think you’ve seen it all, a mod posts a link to the classifieds…

I_Ache
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    Just when you think you’ve seen it all, a mod the owner posts a link to the classifieds..

FIFY

Dave
    Free Member

Which is against which forum rule?

tomaso
    Free Member

Frames can be ok but you can often spend a little more and bag a whole bike. You can always sell the bits you don’t need. I bought an immaculate Prophet off fleabay last year for £400 with Pikes – you’d struggle to buy the frame and forks sperately for that price.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

As above, 06 Spesh Enduro / SX Trail

JCL
    Free Member

2010+ year Enduro.

nonk
    Free Member

Dave – Moderator

Which is against which forum rule?
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

The one about you not being allowed to profit from a link ?

jairaj

The one about you not being allowed to profit from a link ?

doubt he is making a profit at that price? I’m sure it cost a lot more when he got it.

MSP

doubt he is making a profit at that price?

I don’t know, seems expensive for a filing cabinet to me, but I can see he is desperately short of cash to get his pointing sorted out 😉

fieldy
    Free Member

2008 Enduro with E150 forks works well.
    Just so happens I’ve got a stripped (raw) large frame, forks and wheels plus a few other bits and bobs up for grabs 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???’ is closed to new replies.