Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • If you were going to get a famous cyclist to sign something.
  • thered

What would you get them to sign?

Don’t mention anything about helmets.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Race number or a shirt, not a bike part that’s likely to get scuffed, broken or worn out.

jekkyl

a book they’ve written, a dvd they’re in, a magazine article interview with them, a glossy photograph of them.

scruff
    Free Member

How famous? Like iDave famous?

amedias
    Free Member

Have had Keith Bontrager sign my Bontrager on the top tube, I still need to get round to Heli-taping it!

Rubber_Buccaneer

a large cheque 🙂

sharkattack

I took this photograph at Fort Bill in 2013 and I like it because I managed to get this whole Syndicate in one shot.

When Peaty’s bike bash was announced I decided to get it printed and take it along to see if I could get it signed. As it turns out, withing 5 minutes of walking in I had both Peaty and Ratboy’s signature on it. I’m thinking about whether I should take it back to Fort Bill this year and try and get Minaar to sign it.

I might have pushed the size a bit. It’s 20×30 inches and doesn’t really fit anywhere! Still, it’ll be a nice thing to have in years to come.

Speshpaul

A proper confession, eh lance.

Northwind

thered – Member

Don’t mention anything about helmets.

Sorry! But I got Danny Macaskill to sign my pisspot.

And Scotty Laughland to sign some paperwork for a course 😆

lemonysam
    Free Member

I got Steve Peat to sign a biscuit once and Crawford Carrick-Anderson to sign a ham sandwich.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And I thought I was stupid for getting an England rugby player to sign a £20 note when I was a student. Which I realised, once sober, that I couldn’t really afford.

TiRed

Jersey. Kids have Olympic Team GB cycling jerseys signed by a rider# who will never wear one, not to mention Cav, Sir Dave and half the Sky 2012 team. My Sky top was signed by Sir Dave. Before Rapha, of course.

#Extra points for naming the rider.

sazter

I have a Steve Peat signed cowbell from Ft Bill, A pisspot signed by Rach and Dan Atherton, a jersey and waterbottle signed by all Athertons too, my flight itnerary printout signed by Megaskill and a cap I won that was already signed by the then fox team inc Hart. 🙂

I need a Sarah-Cave for all this!!

LS
    Free Member

I doubt that Greg Lemond would be too impressed if you asked him to sign a shotgun cartridge 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a mate got I think Sabrina Jonnier to sign his helmet as she was on the monster stand and it was the only way to get a free can. Another got Fabien Barel to sign his bike.

hatter

I have a Thor Hushovd signed Cervelo Test Team World Champs Jersey and a signed Peaty Jersey from his 2006 World Cup season (the last time he won the overall). The Peaty Jersey’s framed and up on the wall in the downstairs ‘Man-bog’ the fate and final resting place of the Thor Jersey is ‘in negociation’ with Mrs Hatter.

I’ve had a few other nick knacks but without a viable way to ‘display’ them there’s no much point, I had a set of 661 knee pads that were also signed but couldn’t think of what to do with them.

cookeaa

I like that Sharkattack…

Question: What are famous MTBer’s signatures really worth in relative terms? how would a former world Champ DH or XC racers signature compare to a top pro Roadie?

Say Sam Hill Vs Cadel Evans?

Only out of interest like…

IHN

I have the signature of Sir Chris Hoy on a Kellogg’s Bran Flakes polo shirt 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Say Sam Hill Vs Cadel Evans?

Sentimental only really

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No idea, my missus spends an obscene* ammount of money on football memerobillia, some of it’s charity auctions which i kinda understand (perfect place for auctioning somehting that cost nothing but is ‘worth’ something). But then I’ve never been one for hero worship or suppourting a team, I’ll watch the tour and chear on the breakaway, or TeamGB on the track, but in terms of picking a team/person, I’ve never been bothered.

*well, to me anyway, but then i spend more on bikes

Did once get Elen Mc’Arthur to sign a print of Kingsisher the year it was at the boat show. But only because the Vende Globe makes the TdF look like a Sunday club run, and just about everyone involved in solo IMOCA sailing would make Jens look like a quitter!

hatter

how would a former world Champ DH or XC racers signature compare to a top pro Roadie?

It’s like night and day, road racing has a larger and much more affluent, older following and these are the people prepared to drop dollar on collectables such as signed jerseys.

At the last Charity auction I attended Jerseys signed by top DH’ers (Minaar, Hart etc) were fetching £1-200, Jerseys signed by top Pro-Roadies were fetching 3-7 times that.

sharkattack

Cash value is irrelevant to me. Just a good memory.

poah
    Free Member

nothing, hero worship is for fools

scruff
    Free Member

How about a jersey signed by Hart, Bryceland and a Mannon imposter? 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘If you were going to get a famous cyclist to sign something.’ is closed to new replies.