• This topic has 58 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • If you were a multi-billionaire and you wanted to go to space….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you build a massive penis rocket like this? This one’s from Jeff Bezos, of Amazon fortune.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That’s just what the world needs, I’m sure everybody annoyed that Amazon don’t pay their fair share of taxes are glad that the multi billionaire owner has just spunked up all that cash. What a cock.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That’s just what the world needs, I’m sure everybody annoyed that Amazon don’t pay their fair share of taxes are glad that the multi billionaire owner has just spunked up all that cash. What a cock.

In every other context imaginable I’d agree with every word of that but there’s something about space exploration and the sight of a rocket landing back on earth in a controlled manner that makes me want to buy more stuff on amazon.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’m pleased he’s doing something useful with the money rather than let the government piss it away.

oldnpastit

Yes, I’d hate to see the government spending it on nurses, or schools, or roads, or libraries, or cycle lanes, or any of that junk.

Far better to spend it on a massive ego spunk fest.

midlifecrashes

But the government haven’t asked him for the money, so why would he give it to them?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Point being missed here.

It looks like a massive penis.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Point being missed here.

Joke won’t be fully realised until he’s able to reach uranus!

allthepies
    Free Member

The landing was pretty cool.

https://www.blueorigin.com/news/blog/historic-rocket-landing

Comes in at a bit of a lick 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Didn’t miss the point. Point is the man is a cock and spent billions building a rocket that looks like a cock so other wealthy cocks can go to space. I’d rather it didn’t manage to return intact. I’m sure the peasants are glad the wealthy tax dodgers are so responsible with their money.

mefty
    Free Member

Joke won’t be fully realised until he’s able to reach uranus!

.. will bring stars to your eyes.

zippykona

The capsule landing looked a bit hard.
    Given that NASA easily did this stuff nearly 50 years ago why is it so difficult to do it now?

mefty
    Free Member

why is it so difficult to do it now?

Health & Safety gawn mad.

cbike
    Free Member

The Capsules fire rockets to cushion the last meter or so. It does look harsh but its not. Soyuz does it as well. Not sure about the other types. We need to find a 10 year old who will be up to speed on these things.

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju1UwmgkKgI[/video]

dirtyrider
    Free Member

If you were a multi-billionaire and you wanted to go to space….

id ask elon musk

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shiny and thrusty, battery powered ????

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Oh – that changes things – I thought it looked like a tiny penis.

slowoldman

It’s definitely a cock and, if we’re being honest, it’s not actually going into space.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Space is not that high up.

Northwind

wanmankylung – Member

Oh – that changes things – I thought it looked like a tiny penis.

True that, it looks like a very big tiny penis

IanMunro
    Free Member

That thing clearly is the boss of landing.
    Shame the passengers come down via parachute, as trusting the rocket looks a lot more exciting.

willard

I think people are missing the point with the technology here… NASA has only ever had booster stages that are either disposable (Saturn 5, etc) or re-usable but recovered by parachute (Shuttle). No one has developed a working system to get the booster stage back to the launch site on its own.

The fact that they launched this and the booster landed about 1.5m from where it took off from is bloody impressive.

Yes, this might be a rich man trying to find ways of getting other rich men into space so that he can make money, but the technology _will_ make getting into space cheaper and that will be the only way that the human race will be able to expand out of the atmosphere.

bencooper
    Free Member

Computers were originally only for very rich people (well, companies). So were mobile phones. So were indoor toilets, cars and pretty much every other technical advance you can think of.

The historical comparison really is the railway barons – nasty capitalists, but everyone benefited from the railway network they built.

Besides, rockets are cool. Even if they do look like penises.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Missing the point… Yep

Just think how quickly you’ll be able to get your consumer goods, bought on Amazon, direct from the factory in China.

Winter Flats
    Irons
    Sportsbands
    Prolink ProGold Extreme
    Workmates

Royal mail 3-5 day delivery £3.50
    Super duper space delivery £35000

molgrips
    Free Member

Point is the man is a cock and spent billions building a rocket that looks like a cock so other wealthy cocks can go to space.

Playing devil’s advocate here:

If this works, and creates a space tourism and travel industry out of nothing, that will generate a shitload more tax revenue than a few years of Amazon “profits” won’t it?

bombjack
    Free Member

If he doesn’t also own a secret underground lair I’ll be very disappointed.

jam-bo

Just think how quickly you’ll be able to get your consumer goods, bought on Amazon, direct from the factory in China.

Winter Flats
    Irons
    Sportsbands
    Prolink ProGold Extreme
    Workmates

Royal mail 3-5 day delivery £3.50
    Super duper space delivery £35000

but a free trial if you sign up to amazon prime?

zippykona

[video]http://youtu.be/kdMk_Zan2xM[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

If this works, and creates a space tourism and travel industry out of nothing, that will generate a shitload more tax revenue than a few years of Amazon “profits” won’t it?

Why would he choose to pay tax on this phallic enterprise if he doesn’t on his other business?

hatter

Going by how Amazon treat their employees and suppliers it does stick in the craw somewhat that Bezos has chosen to use the money he’s ruthlessly squeezed out of everyone he’s ever employed or done business with on such an evident willy-waving exercise.

Deleted my Amazon account in 2014, they’re not getting another penny from me.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

tis the way of the world, get over yourselves.

lets be honest, none of the world powers are truly thinking about viable space exploration by humans, so whats not to like. I’d like us to explore and have permanent exploration facilities on other planets, go tiny penis goo.

headfirst
    Free Member

My wife has had a 1 to 4 scale model of that rocket in her bottom drawer for ten years.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Point is the man is a cock and spent billions building a rocket that looks like a cock

That’s a very thin arguement, spread very thinly.

mrblobby
    Free Member

tiny penis goo

🙂

donald
    Free Member

It’s not going into space. It’s touching space and falling back down again. Vertical launches are of very little use, what we need is a cheap way of putting stuff in orbit.

mrchrispy

Whilst I dont agree with the amount of tax companies like Amazon pay I dont agree with the view that they just decided not to pay taxes. they work within the rules the government set out and pay exactly what is required within the rules.

the HMRC needs to be the target of the haterz

taxi25
    Free Member

Rich man spends loads of money on something that provides well paid job’s for people. People who then have money to spend on stuff like Taxis, or anything else you care to imagine. Isn’t that really what makes the world go round ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Whilst I dont agree with the amount of tax companies like Amazon pay I dont agree with the view that they just decided not to pay taxes. they work within the rules the government set out and pay exactly what is required within the rules.

You pay corporation tax on profits, so if you are re-investing into a growing business like say, Starbucks, then you won’t have any profits – this is entirely legit, no?

nealglover
    Free Member

so if you are re-investing into a growing business like say, Starbucks, then you won’t have any profits – this is entirely legit, no?

If that was happening at Starbucks. Then it would be entirely legit yes.

That’s not what is happening though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘If you were a multi-billionaire and you wanted to go to space….’ is closed to new replies.