Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • If you ride Rivington
  • wors
    simondbarnes

That’s months old. It would be nice to have paths downgraded to footpaths, no horseriders to get in the way 😉

yoshimi

It may not be the right thing to say, but no-one is going to stop me riding Rivington – if somme UU jobsworth tried to stop me.they’d get owned 😈

But in reality, its never going to happen anyway.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sootyandjim
    Free Member

It’d be nigh on impossible to police.

That said though, take it easy chaps. MTBers have a bad enough image in some quarters as it is.

Mike_T

I wonder if they will increase the number of wardens to patrol the area once we’ve all been kicked off to shepherd the 1000’s of walkers around the paths, and stop the kids throwing the historical garden stones in the lakes and ponds.
    It’s strange how we the cyclist and the horses seem to be blamed with erosion, walkers must float on air or something and the place is like the Trafford Center when the sun comes out.

I avoid the place like the plague during the summer, you cant move. Plus it’s a sweet shop for car thieves etc, I had a superlight nicked out of the back of my car a few years back, people just watch them do it.

Occasional weekends during the winter and night riding.

Beside they do need to ensure we are catered for, during the winter %50 of the people using the barn facilities are cyclists and horse riders.

The first step is to stop the MX’ers they are the route cause of most of the visible damage, hill climbing the top tower………why.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I did not see anyone up Rivvy at 8pm on Monday while it was snowing, I wonder why? 😆

I avoid it at weekends though, to many “visitors” and i only live 2 mins bike ride away.

lowey

**** em. I try to avoid the gardens full stop except on night rides as its usually full of unwashed scumbags walking their generic fighting dogs whilst drinking special brew.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think most non MTB (and certainly those locals I know that use Rivvy for other reasons) would rather keep the horses and not us. Some of the people there do ride with less than due attention to other users (Downhilling in the gardens FFS). I also walk there with my young children and I know which group I have to be most aware of for their safety. That said it is un enforcable so nothing will happen.

Fagus
    Free Member

What junkyard said.

The main problems in Rivi are the downhillers and BMX types churning up the Chinese Gardens. Do they have no brains? The baggy jeans brigade are also intent on destroying the work at Healey Nab; they don’t think it’s cool enough, so are building their own unofficial trails, even though the official trail is not yet complete.

As ever a few mindless morons give the decent majority a bad name.

yoshimi

I’d agree there are a few idiots there – like Fagus said – take a look on Blackburn and District forum and read some of the replys to the new Nab trails by ‘downhillers’………………..seriously, someone needs to have a word! I enjoy getting the big bike out, but how could they think building a road gap across a very busy footpath was ever a good idea and wouldn’t cause problems with other users? Fair enough, stop all that rubbish, but as long as there is no sort of blanket ban across the whole area – I need to calm down and put things in perspective, restrictions wont happen – it must be all that 5Live I’ve been listening to making me angry.

Junkyard
    Free Member

True they have clearly ridden on a course being built for them that asks them nicely not to as it is ruining the track that is being built for them
    idiots indeed

Fagus
    Free Member

As yoshimi said, have a read at this to see some of the most one sided views of bike riding that you’ll ever come across. The bit about building a jump across a bridleway at head height for horse riders is
    a classic of it’s kind.

http://www.badforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=1694&sid=b763bd05cc08538d849b8c9a2bd78716#p1694

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘If you ride Rivington’ is closed to new replies.