Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • If you ride on the road I'll drive on the cycle path
  • njee20
    Free Member

Shocked to see that km79 hasn’t signed up to post that. Impressive bellendry from an existing member. Surely not serious?

chrishc777
    Free Member

bellendery

I shall make it my task to use that word in conversation by the end of the week

njee20
    Free Member

Use it wisely good sir.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m assuming impressive trollage, but Poe’s Law strikes again.

cookeaa

If you ride on the road I’ll drive on the cycle path

Plenty of drivers already do don’t they? Half full of parked cars and drivers edging round each other at junctions.
    I was bumped by a car last year, strangely enough I was actually using the cycle Lane (well, painted line in the gutter) at the time He just didn’t fancy using his wing mirror it seems, nobody was hurt fortunately…

To me such occurrences simply illustrate that many bits of our ‘bolt on’ cycling infrastructure aren’t really much use and don’t magically prevent incidents…

They actually make things worse IMO, by mostly removing cyclists from drivers sphere of attention and then Dumping them back to merge with motorised traffic at busy junctions and roundabouts, and then there’s the danger cyclists using the assigned bits of painted pavement pose to ipodded pedestrians, even at ~10-12 mph you could do some damage… Many ped’s simply aren’t aware, of or paying attention on shared use sections of pavements…

In the real world (Outside of that there London) you’re mostly safer using your bicycle on the road. Impatient drivers will always be impatient, remove cyclists and they’d just start trying to bully someone else.

yunki
    Free Member

Before I got the whole road riding club ride thing I used to think it was a bit selfish..

100s of thousands of pounds spent on cycling infrastructure (which is to a very acceptable standard here at least) and yet people still choose to annoy other road users with their fetishistic eccentricities

Then I met a group ride on the local Sustrans when I was out with the kids and it changed my outlook completely..
    They met every stereotype

High as kites on testosterone, well heeled, arrogant and reeking of anger management issues and repressed sexuality, they bludgeoned a path through the elderly Sunday walkers and the couples enjoying the majestic scenery, the toddlers learning to cycle and the old giffers that had plodded to work on their bikes in their workboots every day for over a century..

Love ’em or loathe ’em these people should definitely not be anywhere near shared paths!! 😯

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ah cyclists, they want everyone else to change their behavior to suit themselves but blow up in a hissy fit when someone suggest they make some changes also.
    Slow down, fit wider tyres and don’t ride in large groups then. You should be grateful some of our road tax is used to build you cycle paths in the first place. Pretty ignorant for you to not use them and continue clogging up the roads for everyone else.

Knobber.

Knob off to knobsville & take your knobbery with you.

When you get there, keep knobbing off.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

High as kites on testosterone, well heeled, arrogant and reeking of anger management issues and repressed sexuality, they bludgeoned a path through the elderly Sunday walkers and the couples enjoying the majestic scenery, the toddlers learning to cycle and the old giffers that had plodded to work on their bikes in their workboots every day for over a century..

😀 Exactly. I don’t want them on the road either, riding two/three abreast pretending to “train” – you’re not Bradley Wiggins FFS; this doesn’t put food on your table.

Get back to the golf course.

zomg

It’s between Rampton and Cottenham: https://goo.gl/maps/mnpHKcFfYNQ2

I cycle along there pretty often, and on a road bike would not consider trying to move from the (very quiet, wide and straight) road to that hundred metres of shared use path. I wouldn’t drive along it either.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Chocolate Olivers? Had to google* that. We don’t get them in the work house.

*with no small amount of trepidation

ctk
    Free Member

If only they considered/consulted cyclists when making cycle paths.

twisty

fun fact: the narrow pavement adjacent to the carriageway which the car used to overtake is not a cycletrack/cyclepath.

D0NK

Ah cyclists, they want everyone else…blah blah blah

[i]that’s[/i] proper trollage or weapons grade idiocy. Until km returns we won’t know for sure which.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

High as kites on testosterone, well heeled, arrogant and reeking of anger management issues and repressed sexuality

Did you stop to ask them?

Or are you just projecting your own issues?…….

yunki
    Free Member

Lebowski – stop taking life so seriously duuuude

As it panned out, I was already stopped… desperately trying to protect my bewildered children as the steaming peleton thundered past, snorting and braying and shrieking and bellowing aggressively at one another about investment bonds, sabbaticals and rugger

molgrips
    Free Member

You should be grateful some of our road tax is used to build you cycle paths in the first place

Me? Why? I never wanted or asked for cycle paths!

km79
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘If you ride on the road I'll drive on the cycle path’ is closed to new replies.