Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • If you read the DailyFail don't read this..
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

This is a very good piece on the awful shit rag and its **** of an editor.
    https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n11/andrew-ohagan/whos-the-real-****

mrmo
    Free Member

would say if you read the Mail then read it!

oldnpastit

Headline is a bit NSFW….!!!

spekkie
    Free Member

Enter my email address to unlock the article??

I don’t think so sunshine!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Enter my email address to unlock the article??

Weird, I read it without any requests like that. Clear cookies, go through incognito window? Works fine for me.

mrmo – Member
    would say if you read the Mail then read it!

Good point.

aP
    Free Member

I suspect Andrew had a lot of fun writing that.

brakes
    Free Member

I expect that the Harmsworths and Dacre would like that article.

nickc

Enter my email address to unlock the article?? I don’t think so sunshine!

it’s the London Book Review…what d’you think they’re going to do with your email address?

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t help but wonder what a Mail reader would make of it if they did read. Would it make them abandon their paper? I doubt it.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Abuse & namecalling directed at those with a different opinion, written by a leftie I expect.

DezB
    Free Member

Abuse & namecalling

I’ve just come from that thread too. None of that in the article though.

nickc

Can’t help but wonder what a Mail reader would make of it

I suspect* folk who read the Mail probably realise that it’s a “bit” (I use the word loosely) bonkers. Like the Sun really, most people with a modicum of intelligence realise that these papers are just comics for adults

* please let this be true, I’ve no real evidence to back it up, but people aren’t that sociopathic are they?

wwaswas

Daily Mail has just reported what a dying 8 year old child did and said.

I’m not even going to tell you what it was but jesus **** christ there’s no public interest in that, it’s voyeurism.

If anyone had any doubt about the sort of low life scum are employed to produce ‘content’ for that organisation that story is it. How do you look at yourself in the mirror of a mornign after writing that, chasing it down.

And the person who revelead it – wtf were they thinking.

I just give up on people sometimes – utter **** **** and tossers who hold themselves up as somehow representing a legitamte interest beyond their own desire to be first with some piece of ‘news’ that’s going to **** up some families life even further than it was already.

sorry for the swearign hopfully the filters will pick it up.

DezB
    Free Member

folk who read the Mail probably realise that it’s a “bit” (I use the word loosely) bonkers

I hate to break it to you…

enfht
    Free Member

DM are just a bit bonkers whereas the Guardian for years shouted down and villified anyone who dared mention the muslim rape gang culture, and were therefore implicit in its coverup. How the left still hold the Guardian in such high regard pretty much sums up their disconnect with the realities facing this country.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Dacre’s paper is like the drunken lout at a party who can’t get anyone to like him. Suddenly all the girls are sluts and all the men are poofs and he’s swinging at the chandelier before being huckled outside to vomit on the lawn.

Take home quote. Thanks for that.

keithr
    Free Member

Abuse & namecalling directed at those with a different opinion, written by a leftie I expect.

You’re not seriously trying to suggest that the Right has the Moral High Ground where abuse and namecalling is concerned?

Crikey!

Piers Morgan.

Katie Hopkins.

All of UKIP.

Dail Mail online article comments sections.

Sun online article comments sections.

And so on, and so on, and on, and on…

keithr
    Free Member

How the left still hold the Guardian in such high regard

Because your suggestion that it was somehow therefore complicit in a cover-up is preposterous.

It is axiomatic that the left-leaning press has no influence over the establishment, so whatever the Guardian’s editorial policy was over this matter, it would be an irrelevance to those who make the big decisions.

with the realities facing this country.

“Realities” frequently caused by the Right Wing, incidentally…

nickc

Guardian for years shouted down and villified anyone who dared mention the muslim rape gang culture, and were therefore implicit in its coverup.

you do have some articles that demonstrate this, right? Actually, no, forget that, of course you don’t, and you don’t really care do you, You got a POV, a feeling, that’s enough, isn’t it?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rochdale-child-sex-ring

Here’s a selection of their reporting of sex abuse and child gang rape culture for you to start with…knock yourself out.

ninfan
    Free Member

Piers Morgan.

Eh? Piers Morgan was editor of the Daily Mirror – a paper that has not only consistently supported Labour since 1945, by was entirely opposed to the Iraq war.

He’s about as Right wing As Junky!

nickc

ninfan, Piers writes for the Mail currently…

keithr
    Free Member

He’s about as Right wing As Junky!

** Shakes head… **

He’s the current US Editor At Large of the Daily Mail!

Are you actually aware of the stuff he comes out with?

Klunk
    Free Member

DM are just a bit bonkers facist.

fify

martinhutch

Piers can’t be classified as right wing, well not in any historical way. He is aligned with whatever wing best suits his earning potential at any given moment.

If the wind changes then he will be as quick to change with it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Morgan began his journalism career in Fleet Street as a writer and editor for several tabloid papers, including The Sun, News of the World and the Daily Mirror. In 1994, aged 29, he was appointed editor of the News of the World by Rupert Murdoch, which made him the youngest editor of a British national newspaper in more than half a century.[4] He later edited the Daily Mirror, and was in charge during the period that the paper was implicated in the phone hacking scandal. In 2011 Morgan denied having ever hacked a phone or “to my knowledge published any story obtained from the hacking of a phone”. In 2012 he was heavily criticised in the findings of the Leveson Inquiry, when the chair Brian Leveson stated that comments made in Morgan’s testimony about phone hacking were “utterly unpersuasive” and “clearly prove … that he was aware that it was taking place in the press as a whole and that he was sufficiently unembarrassed by what was criminal behaviour that he was prepared to joke about it”.[5]

He is a mercenary in some ways, soley interested in the advancement of himself his views however line him up as possibly more right wing than Ninfan

dannyh
    Free Member

He is a mercenary in some ways

Yes, but first and foremost a ****.

enfht – Member
    DM are just a bit bonkers whereas the Guardian for years shouted down and villified anyone who dared mention the muslim rape gang culture, and were therefore implicit in its coverup. How the left still hold the Guardian in such high regard pretty much sums up their disconnect with the realities facing this country.

POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Feel free to fill in the gaps.

Well done nickc for the lovely slapdown.

dazh

On Tuesday morning the Daily Heil decided to run this cartoon. It’s amazing anyone even tries to defend them. I look forward to them defending this though.

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t actually think they believe a lot of their own crap anyway.

I think a lot of it is publicity-seeking through causing offence. A bit like Bernard Manning or Chubby Brown, but without the attempt at humour.

I strongly suspect that a lot of the Heil journo’s privately hold their greatest contempt for the morons who believe it. I’ll bet there’s been a good few editorial meetings where they’ve had a good laugh that a sizeable minority of the population has swallowed some lie hook, line and sinker.

Cynical exploitation of the hard of thinking for commercial gain? Who’d have thunk it?

Whisper it quietly, though. The second the spell is broken it doesn’t have the same effect ever again…….

enfht
    Free Member

Ha Ha Ha, the evidence is still there if you just care to look, and I’ve posted examples of their filthy articles before. The ‘proof’ that nickc posted was created THIS YEAR you flaming morons 😆 Given the establishment is dripping with guardian-reading loons is precisely why they all buried their heads in the sand for years and shouted ‘racist’ at anyone brave enough to state facts. How many thousands of girls were abused as a result, anyone care to guess?
    #LeftWingDisconnect etc

dannyh
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Ha Ha Ha, the evidence is still there if you just care to look, and I’ve posted examples of their filthy articles before. The ‘proof’ that nickc posted was created THIS YEAR you flaming morons Given the establishment is dripping with guardian-reading loons is precisely why they all buried their heads in the sand for years and shouted ‘racist’ at anyone brave enough to state facts. How many thousands of girls were abused as a result, anyone care to guess?
    #LeftWingDisconnect etc

POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

chestrockwell

I didn’t think it possible but it seems we have found someone even more ‘confused’ than the holy trinity!

CountZero

The article referred to, before everyone went off on a political point-scoring tangent, mentions the Norwegians and the Danes in their use of the ‘C’-word, but it goes back much farther, it’s derived from the Latin ‘cunus’, meaning wedge-shaped, the shape of the pubis, hence the term cuneiform, the writing system which used reeds pressed into clay tablets, and it’s suggested that the River Kennet, which starts near Silbury Hill, (up until that point, it’s called the Winterbourne), gets its name from Old English ‘Cunnut’ or ‘Kunnut’, because of the nearby Swallowhead Spring which supplies water to the Winterbourne, and was likely part of fertility and goddess worship, and the connection with female reproductive organs.
    Seeing as how the Victorians had a fit of the vapours over the word ‘piddle’ in the river and associated place-names in Dorset, changing it to River Puddle, and Affpuddle, although Piddlehinton and Piddletrenthide stayed, along with some others, one can imagine River C*** being very quickly altered!
    Just part of my local history that fascinates me.
    Ok, lesson over, back to arguing among yourselves. 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘If you read the DailyFail don't read this..’ is closed to new replies.