• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • If you pay for 'Next day delivery' and the snow delays it, entitled to a refund?
  • Tiger6791

What do we think?

Ordered a Jacket, needed it for the weekend, paid extra for next day delivery and UPS confirmed but then missed it.

Should I be claiming my massive £7.50 back? (if I can be bothered)

??

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I doubt you can..

I’m sure in the small print it will mention the “get out of everything clause”..

an act of god…

ourmaninthenorth

Nah, they’ll all invoke force majeure and claim it is beyond their reasonable control.

iDave
    Free Member

sportsdirect refunded me the postage a couple of weeks ago, I’d paid for next day, took 5 days to arrive

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And I think they are quite entitled to use the weather as an excuse at the moment – do you watch the news?

wwaswas

dpends who it is – my wife’s got a refund from M&S for something that didn’t turn up.

trailmonkey

Should be entitled to a service upgrade at least. If not then push for a refund to normal carraige.

Companies really shouldn’t be offering a next day option because we all know within the trade that we can’t be sure of stuff getting there.

We turned our courier option off at the start of the first run of bad weather and it’s been off ever since.

MSP

Of course you are entitled to a refund for the extra “next day delivery” charges, you have paid for a service you haven’t received. I am sure a friendly email will get it all sorted.

Being so close to Christmas and with the current weather conditions, they should not really be selling next day delivery as an option just now IMO, its a virtually impossible service to meet and tantamount to false advertising, but most small shops really can’t be changing their websites easily (CRC and wiggle etc could).

edit, beaten to it in the time it took me to type.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘If you pay for 'Next day delivery' and the snow delays it, entitled to a refund?’ is closed to new replies.