Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • If you only look at one cartoon of Charlie Brown saying Smiths lyrics
  • wwaswas

or maybe two or three…

http://thischarmingcharlie.tumblr.com/

ononeorange

Brilliant! Thanks. Tried to see how many I could name.

john_drummer
    Free Member

excellent, thanks

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thank you for this, now to clutter up FB with them….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ah is this where Charlie Brown saying ‘life is long when you’re lonely’ on my FB time line has come from?

CountZero

I’ve signed up to Tumblr especially for this!

brooess
    Free Member

There’s some beautiful sentiment in there…
    I always think people who say they don’t like the Smiths have never properly listened to the lyrics. Either that or they’ve got no soul…

Kevevs
    Free Member

fantastic!!

RustySpanner

Wonderful, thank you.

I always think people who say they don’t like the Smiths have never properly listened to the lyrics. Either that or they’ve got no soul…

No sense of humour either, usually.

Anyone mind if I stick a bit of Bloom County Babylon in?
    Ta.

athgray
    Free Member

I haven’t heard a band with lyrics that can rise above banal BS to a cynically depressing but amusing truth like The Smiths can.
    How many bands could make a great tune titled ‘Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now’

brooess
    Free Member

The reaction Johnny Marr got at Glasto when he played Smiths tunes was like nothing I’ve seen before at a gig. I thought grown men were going to cry. Especially There is a Light…

athgray
    Free Member

Saw it on TV. He was good live. A Smiths back catalogue to play live will always help though.

brakes
    Free Member

I always think people who say they don’t like the Smiths have never properly listened to the lyrics

to like The Smiths, Morrissey and his daffodil arse waving poncery is to hate your ears. the music is a barrier to the lyrics for me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s the best of mash-ups. It’s not Smiths, it’s not Schultz, but a thing in itself. ok , copyright shmoppyright, but that is genuinely good. cheers

RustySpanner

Yeah, the music is just AWFUL……. 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3OTUIg6nU[/video]

I know, I know, it’s all subjective and there is no right and wrong when it comes to music.
    I genuinely believe that.

But the Smiths were a bloody superb band, tight as a drum, nothing wasted, musicians at the very top of their game.

tenfoot

Saw it on TV. He was good live. A Smiths back catalogue to play live will always help though.

I thought it was the Johnny Marr karaoke show. A very poor alternative to Morrissey, vocally.

athgray
    Free Member

Ten foot. I agree it was like Johnny Marr being a bit like Morrissey,(could Morrissey do a capable Johnny Marr?), however it does not detract from the fact it appeared to be a good gig. For a slightly ageing rocker Johnny Marr seemed to carry it off well. I would pay to go to a Johnny Marr gig based on that.

athgray
    Free Member

Sorry double post

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘If you only look at one cartoon of Charlie Brown saying Smiths lyrics’ is closed to new replies.