Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • If you only look at 1 picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker today…
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member
    wwaswas
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Brilliant!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

🙁

CountZero

I saw it briefly on Fb last night, and I thought it was a Ps fake, but it seems it’s genuine. Not difficult to see how it could happen, I’ve sat quietly in a churchyard in a quiet little village, watching a green woodpecker hopping around pecking around ants nests, so a fast little predator like a stoat or a weasel could easily pounce on it from behind.
    Difficult to know which got the biggest shock; the woodpecker, (possibly, judging by the expression on its face), or the weasel, when it realises that the ground is getting further and further away with every passing second!
    Happily the woodpecker survived, but news regarding the weasel isn’t available, although I’d guess the little bugger just bounced off the ground, they’re very light.

piemonster

This has a far better thread title

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody weasel … 😡

teasel
    Free Member

judging by the expression on its face

🙂

I also enjoy anthropomorphising the animal kingdom but I doubt there’s any expression discernible by us; I have many pics of woodpeckers with that exact expression – sans weasel.

Sorry, a bit serious and STW, I guess. As you were n all that…

teasel
    Free Member

Drac

also enjoy anthropomorphising the animal kingdom but I doubt there’s any expression discernible by us;

teasel
    Free Member

Love this one…

teasel
    Free Member

I meant the bird, Drac.

FFS, of course there’s discernible expressions on the faces of some animals.

Edit : But that pic of yours does make me chuckle 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

I deal with this greedy sod most days and he has many different facial expressions. I can only guess at their meaning (until he can sign, obvs) and I’ve had a few years to understand…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlN5WZY6OI[/video]

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks, heard this story on the radio driving home and meant to google. great photo.

although I’d guess the little bugger just bounced off the ground, they’re very light.

CZ news item said female weasel weighs the same as a mars bar! 🙂

boxelder

Weasely the best one I’ve seen – stoatly awesome ferret to manage that.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Saw it on the BBC news website last night – “amateur photographer, blah, blah, blah, weasel riding a flying woodpecker blah blah blah” followed up by – “here’s wildlife expert wotsherchops to explain why this is unusual”.

I couldn’t help but think the unusualness(?) of the situation was fairly evident!

13thfloormonk

I knew I should have taken a printscreen of the BBC website the other day, the ‘most read’ stories sidebar basically read:

PAEDOPHILES!!
    PAEDOPHILES!!!
    EXTREMISTS!!!!
    CROOKED POLITICIANS!!!!
    weasel riding a woodpecker
    PAEDOPHILES!!
    MURDER VICTIM!!!!
    HUMANS BEING AWFUL!!!

I think what I love most about all birds is their ‘resting mad face’ as they all look a little bit angry/mad at the best of times, weasel jockeys notwithstanding…

racefaceec90

there’s mad bird faces,then there’s defcon 5 level p11$$3d off mad birds exhibit a

fantastic pic of the weasel riding the woodpecker also 😀

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

I rode over a newspaper that was by the side of the road this morning… the page it was open at was a full page zoomed in image of the woodpecker/weasel interface! It’s NEWS!

rumple
    Free Member

is that the new prototype camelbak?

wwaswas

that bike one doesn’t count – they’ve flipped the image so the chainset’s on the wrong side of the bike 😉

cartoonists have picked it up big time…

WackoAK
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Yay, the frog/beetle ride included! Well done that man 😆

toppers3933
    Free Member

WHERE IS JAMIE WHEN YOU NEED HIM MOST!!! 👿

donald
    Free Member

Paging Mrs Toast.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

According to the article I read, both weasel and bird got away safely. The bird landed with the weasel still on it, then took off again with no weasel – the photographer and his wife believed the weasel ran off into the grass.

wwaswas

this is great 🙂

wwaswas

Blimey it’s all kicking off;

Heron catches, drowns and eats weasel.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Was the heron a mate of the woodpecker?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘If you only look at 1 picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker today…’ is closed to new replies.