Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • If you lived in Swindon…
  • alwillis

Would you road ride with swindon wheelers or swindon road club or neither?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Neither but then I’m not a social sort. Personally when it comes to road cycling I like the escape and solitude of it. None of this club/group riding shenanigans.

My dad used to ride with Swindon Wheelers however. He always enjoyed it.

br
    Free Member

Are people totally incapable of making ANY decision any more? Go for a ride with them and make up your own mind… 🙄

Or are you Molgrips in disguise?

seanbolton
    Free Member

Swindon Road Club are a very active club with a regular 10 mile club TT, road racing, various club rides, cyclo-cross racing, etc.

Swindon Road Club website

Come along on one of the club rides and see if it is what you are looking for.

If you do join, I hope you have a cyclo-cross bike as I could do with some company in the Wessex League this winter. 🙂

Sean

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They both are good clubs use to see them out alot when i use to be in Swindon.Alot of good quiet roads once you get out of Swindon,Baydon way etc.

Jamie
    Free Member

Or are you Molgrips in disguise?

Ouch!

alwillis

Definitely not molgrips- sorry to disappoint! I just wondered if there were any major differences between the two clubs, and if anyone like Sean would pop up.

As it turns out both myself and my better looking half race cross so I will no doubt be seeing you there Sean!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Swindon RC would have you believe they’re more serious about racing. I was toying with joining Swindon RC as I know one of the members but won’t bother now as I’m moving away from the area.

seanbolton
    Free Member

Swindon Road Club has a membership of around 200. Most members are not regular racers, but there is a good mix of club riders, time triallists, road racers, cyclo-crossers and a bit of off-roading.

The club is not elitist and has a mix of newcomers (there are now two regular development rides for people getting into cycling) as well as more experienced cyclists.

The club 10 is a popular weekly event, for riders of all standards.

The Wessex Cyclo-Cross League is well organised with good events, good fields and excellent racing. I recommend it.

Sean

DavidB
    Free Member

The Wheelers are more of a secret society than a club 😉

SRC has the best Tuesday chain gang and most epic Sunday rides. Either club is probably just as good for the Saturday run.

Or you could just come and rob me and Sean of our beloved Strava segments

captain-slow
    Free Member

What colour shirts do they wear?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Camouflaged ones, it would seem 😉

zippykona

Splitters.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

As it turns out both myself and my better looking half race cross so I will no doubt be seeing you there Sean!

😯 which is your better looking half?

alwillis

My better looking half has to be the top half- I have really short legs for my height 🙁 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘If you lived in Swindon…’ is closed to new replies.