Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • If you listened to most forum users. . .
  • tails
    Free Member

. . . you would think Americans are c*cks. This guy is as hip as it gets.

ton

never met a american, met a canadian and he was a cock.

tails
    Free Member

never met a american, met a canadian and he was a cock.

I'm surprised always thought you had holidayed in a fair few countries.

spw3

And if you listened to most forum users the only bike to get would be a fully rigid singlespeed 69er Santa Cruz and the only excuse for riding down a hill would be the soul purifying climb back up the other side.

tthew

Bloke goes for a bit of a stroll most mornings, and becomes a local celebrity. No wonder yanks were the highest consumers of oil until last month, the lazy barstewards.

As poor as it is that BP have royally f'ed over large amount of ocean/coastline recently, here's hoping that a good proportion of americans draw some sort of correlation between obscene oil consumption and environmental irresponsibility, and many more of them follow this blokes lead.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He says at the end of the interview "they say eccentric people live longer" ………he died aged 58 🙁

And tbh, he looked a lot older……..I reckon he could have got away with claiming that he was 72.

It seems a real shame that despite putting so much into staying healthy, he didn't live beyond 58 – unless of course cause of death was an accident or other unnatural reason.

samuri
    Free Member

Is that a video on the website? All I get is the sound. The still shot at the start shows a man who looks awesomely fit with lots of muscles all over him. Do you look that good ernie? Will you look that good when you're 58?

For the OP though, go the the states. Most Americans are fairly nice people, they're a lot like brits to be honest and despite the bad publicity, they have a fairly good sense of humour. Yes, there's a lot of stupids out there, the questions you'll get asked when you meet them are astounding like 'where is England?', 'Do all people in England speak English?' and my favourite was 'You have a lovely accent but where did you learn to speak English? You speak it so well.'

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

As above…Americans are amongst the warmest, most welcoming people you could ever meet.

I have only ever had positive experiences in the United States and we could learn a lot from them in a great many ways.

Still, what do I know?

I'm 30, have never ridden a single speed, don't drive an Audi estate and detest the Labour party. 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….a man who looks awesomely fit with lots of muscles all over him. Do you look that good ernie? Will you look that good when you're 58?

That's not really relevant is it ? I might well look incredibly puny, frail, and infirm. And at 58 look more like 88. But that doesn't change the fact that I reckon the guy looked quite a bit older than he was.

And since he's dead, I'm not entirely convinced that he was "awesomely fit".

M6TTF
    Free Member

You get imbeciles in every country – America is a big place hence a larger proportion of them. Some states have a disproportionate number. Uk is full of them too!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Do all people in England speak English?

Fair question and the answer is no they don't

I'm 51 have never ridden a single speed, don't drive an Audi estate and detest the Coalition (not as much as Thatcher though)

Cougar

America is a big place hence a larger proportion of them.

Surely the proportion isn't going to change irrespective of how big or small somewhere is? (-:

(someone pass me the Mantle of Pedantry please?)

RustySpanner

Individually, I've always found Yanks to be very pleasant and helpful people.

However, like goths, rats and the upper classes, collectively it's a very different story. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

If you listened to most forum users. . .

You would have a very twisted view on a world.

Walking guy seemed a thoroughly good egg.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm not sure about the 'hip' factor, but if you want an affable cool Yank my nomination would be :

Reginald D Hunter

btw, if you listened to some forum users, you would think that any criticism of the US government automatically equates to criticism of all Americans.

TooTall
    Free Member

Bloke goes for a bit of a stroll most mornings, and becomes a local celebrity. No wonder yanks were the highest consumers of oil until last month, the lazy barstewards.

Did you read all of the words in the article, or are you being glib to make a bit of a tedious point of your own? Just asking.

samuri
    Free Member

And since he's dead, I'm not entirely convinced that he was "awesomely fit".

So are you suggesting fit people don't die?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So are you suggesting fit people don't die?

I'm suggesting, that I'm not "entirely convinced".

In fact, I thought that is what I said.

Edric64
    Free Member

Jim Fixx anyone? fit but not healthy

Hadge
    Free Member

The problem most people have with Americans is how they force their beliefs, their way is right – everyone else is wrong, we do it best, biggest etc way of life and that they think they've never done anything wrong syndrome.

Edric64
    Free Member

and don't forget that Texans are living proof that Indians screwed buffalo

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘If you listened to most forum users. . .’ is closed to new replies.