Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • If you like eating out and good food
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

My friend has set up a web site writing reviews to promote small restaurants that serve great food. Ideally small independent places in unfashionable destinations; the idea is to offer recommendations not to criticise restaurants. So the site has only nice things to say, unlike Trip Advisor! It works like a good food guide. If you’re travelling somewhere new check it out to see if there are any recommendations nearby. Add your own posts too if you’ve know somewhere good you’d like to promote.

http://www.mealmole.com

geoffj

So the site has only nice things to say

atlaz
    Free Member

How does that work? If a restaurant is really shit, they only publish good reviews? How do you work out what’s good and bad then?

Also, mebbe tell your mate to rename “Countries” on the search as “Locations” as Copenhagen, Florence and Sicily aren’t countries. Also, I’m not an expert in Italian cities but I’m sure Sweden isn’t one of them.

maccruiskeen

How do you know if the review is written by the owner? Or if thousands have visited and been disappointed since a positive review was posted?

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

It is a work in progress and as yet is not making money. At the end of the day my friend will be the administrator and the idea is for you to write about good food, if an owner decides he will promote his crap restaurant and someone then visits and has a bad experience he would let my friend know via the web site he would then look into the reason why there has been bad feedback, my friend would maintain editorial control. So hopefully the “bad uns” get found out.
    The ultimate idea is its a nice web site to promote good food. There are many great small independent restaurants serving great food which sometimes get missed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘If you like eating out and good food’ is closed to new replies.