Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • If you have a maccy d's – do you ever leave anything?
  • scaled
    Free Member

yeah but my perception of it is there’s people eat at McD (or similar) everyday. Do people really get takeaway everyday?

Yep, twice a day for the last 2 years as a field service engineer :$

Got £8/day expenses so Maccy D’s breakfast (£2.99 until recently) and a wicked zinger meal (4.99) for lunch.

Currently just shy of 13 stone at 6’2″, I have lost about 6 pounds since starting a new job and not eating all that junk!

Never left anything ofc 😀

spooky_b329

McDs…reckon their food is probably better quality than most cafes/snack bars, and probably more ethical (UK sourced, good quality meat rather than all the left over bits in the burgers)

BK on the other hand, if there’s no competition nearby, their prices go through the roof! So I avoid when possible on principle.

PS: never leave nuffink! always go for a Latte over soft drinks though.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Got a big mac meal on the way, my colleague is collecting. I am a slob.

Stopped eating them 4 months ago and the smell when I walk in one now (for a coffee) turns my stomach. Used to eat a fair few and can’t remember ever leaving any though. I kinda miss the sausage MCmuffins.

#tucks into 3 bean salad, mustard cured ham and cherry tomatoes – much yummier!

Bregante

If you have a maccy d’s – do you ever leave anything?

A little bit of my soul….

jon1973
    Free Member

If you have a maccy d’s – do you ever leave anything?

I try to, but only to avoid using my own toilet paper at home.

mudshark
    Free Member

On a slight tangent…I used to work at one of their stores and got tipped twice which was nice. Not supposed to accept them but still. Once was for getting someone some ketchup and once for giving someone a bin bag to hide a present for their son. I did reject a fiver offered by someone who’s hand bag I found though. I didn’t even get a ‘thank you’ from the stupid Mum who was trying to yank her son’s stuck head from where he’d got it stuck in the banisters. He was in distress so I ran up, pushed her out of the way and took his head out in a sensible, pain free way.

I have lots more thrilling stories from my time working for Ronald….

martymac

@ bucko.
    not the big mac, its the quarter pounder with cheese that would be a dessert if theres no pickle in it.
    yes, it really is true, it shocked me first time i heard it.
    all the individual ingredients are top quality at mcds, the best meat, best tatties etc, its the sauce they put in a big mac etc thats massively high in sugar.
    and the bun is caramelised too.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

come on mudshark, spill, though I feel this will need a separate thread

mudshark, is it in the handbook to, without fail, put the food in a bag when you’ve asked to eat in?

v8ninety

Mmmmm, their limited edition apple and blackberry pie is delish… Nom.

Weirdly used to religiously picklectomy my big macs, but I’ve grown to like them in the last year or so… How does that happen?

mudshark
    Free Member

Doubt it but I was there 20 years ago and didn’t work in the kitchen much anyway. I had a great laugh working as a lobby host in the evenings, for some reason I had groupies. Once got molested my a load of women on a hen night. Ended up pinned to the yellow plastic bench by a rather chubby bride-to-be.

Age v8. I’ve always liked gherkins, but not maccy d related, I’ve recently found myself to be able to stomach olives

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

put the food in a bag when you’ve asked to eat in?

Usually comes on a tray

binners

Aren’t the apple pies the hottest substance on earth? Its scientifically proven that the filling is hotter than the surface of the sun

Taff
    Free Member

You’re eating McDonalds at 11 in the morning?

gutted, few minutes earlier and you would be having a breakfast!

Leave anything… not me. I normally go to the trouble of getting a burger from KFC and fries from McD’s so I’m eating that boy.

mudshark
    Free Member

Aren’t the apple pies the hottest substance on earth

I once spilt the inside of a freshly fried apple pie onto my skin. Not something you need to do twice.

BK fries beat McD’s fries hands down

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

“If you have a maccy d’s – do you ever leave anything?”

My self respect….. but i am middle class and do read the guardian and did watch supersize me.

This+1 …

and when oh when did become “maccy d’s” ??

Its not exactly shorter than MacDonalds, or MacDs or MacDos or whatever the frogs call it…

warton
    Free Member

I eat at McDonalds maybe once every 6 months. Therefore, when i do eat there I order bloody loads, and eat all of it.

fries with BBQ sause. mmmmm
    big mac mmmmmmcmilkshakes mmmmm
    apple pies mmmmmm
    Mcflurries mmmmm
    quarter pounders mmmmm

Junkyard
    Free Member

I always leave …….. a deposit in the toilet when I go …what other reason is there to go into their fine emporium for a vegan?

binners

and when oh when did become “maccy d’s” ??

About 1984 grandad! 😉

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Do you wash down your maccy d with some sunny d?

derek_starship
    Free Member

BTW – I love black olives and goat’s cheese too 😀

v8ninety

Age v8. I’ve always liked gherkins, but not maccy d related, I’ve recently found myself to be able to stomach olives

Hmm. Yep, I think you are right. But with the olive thing; you take a step too far sir. If it looks like a grape, it should bloody well taste of one! (That’s what my brain anticipates anyway, whether I like it or not.)

binners

Olives are Satans chug-nuts

Jamie
    Free Member

#tucks into 3 bean salad, mustard cured ham and cherry tomatoes – much yummier!

You keep telling yourself that 😉

RustySpanner

Never leave anything.
    I usually steal one of the newspapers and fill my pockets with paper napkins as well.

The worst, greasiest McD’s is the one at Manchester Victoria.
    It mings, avoid at all costs.

I like the gherkins. If you dry them out they make excellent emergency spokey dokeys.

trail_rat
    Free Member

When i was working in holland my colleagues would have mcdonalds twice a day ( breakfast and dinner)

To them it was cheap food that maximised their food alllowance ….. It made me ill but ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast and dinner wasnt any better !

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Smell has always put me off them, but its nothing compared to vile stinky Subway

finishthat
    Free Member

I leave wondering why the burgers are always cold..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not defending them finishthat but thats a uk thing …… Got caught short on a 4 hour transfer to les arc and stopped at mcds for a mcwhizz ( trademark) and we were starving so we had a cheeky mcdonalds and it was cooked fresh – likewise in holland and in bakersfield california ! In the uk its always been a soggy half cooked mess !

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I find that if you ask for your burger without something, like gherkin, it is always alot better as it is cooked fresh. Its worth the wee wait. I just ask for my chips and have them as my starter. By the time they’re eaten, the burger arrives hot and fresh!

NZCol

Cooked to order here as well now. I went with my friend, a nutrionist, before Xmas after a large night on the beer. First maccas in 2011 i think as well. There is something addictive in it, salt probably. Hungry 20 minutes later. Generally its a desperation move while driving somewhere.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Having a McDonalds is like having a ****. And you can’t beat a ****.

tails
    Free Member

Cooked to order here as well now. I went with my friend, a nutrionist, before Xmas after a large night on the beer. First maccas in 2011 i think as well. There is something addictive in it, salt probably. Hungry 20 minutes later. Generally its a desperation move while driving somewhere.

MSG I would imagine.

bamboo
    Free Member

It is scientifically proven that Maccy d’s purchased at airports contain zero calories.

colournoise

Hadn’t had a McD for ages until a couple weeks ago. For my sins prefer KFC as my dirty food treat.

It was rank – tasted like soggy cardboard. Still finished everything.

slainte 😳 rob

hugor
    Free Member

I love Maccas every now and then. Today somebody posted this article on their fb page.
    Its put me off a bit.

hugor
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘If you have a maccy d's – do you ever leave anything?’ is closed to new replies.