Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • If you had to chose between these full sussers…
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

Intense Tracer – Blur LT – Yeti ASR5

Which would you have? Yes I know theyre all pretty much identical in what they are aimed at – trail riding.

Photos if you have them…just because its nice to look at pics!

chameleon78
    Free Member

…or this not even out yet Evil Sect

jam-bo

i'd chose the orange five.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chameleon78
    Free Member

out of interest why? I do like the 5 and the Blood though so thats the UK option.

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm good choices. I haven't ridden the Yeti, but did ride a load of bikes back to back at a demo day, including the BLT and Tracer. Out of all the bikes I tried they were my two favourite "do almost anything" bikes, so I reckon you can't go wrong with either. I got a BLTc in the end, so read into that what you will 🙂

I've been pimping this photo a lot lately. Must take one of it out in the elements somewhere…

jam-bo

the five is the bike i've had the longest and had no real desire to change. does everything it needs to, really well.

z1ppy

Don't like any of those bike on your list so…5 or maybe a Chumba, as Si's marketing is starting to take hold with me.
    Have you also considered the Ibis Mojo (another butt ugly bike).

dickie
    Free Member

If I had no bike & had the money in my pocket I would demo a 2010 Trek Ex9/9.8. Highly rated in all the reviews & more than enough travel for me.

TooTall
    Free Member

Wot abowt teh nu SARACIN?

Their version of this bike does look very good for what it is!

slowrider
    Free Member

i like that evil sect, whens it due?

Curly68
    Free Member

I would absolutely love a Tracer. And if I was to sell my six Intenses (poss another on the way), I would be able to afford one!

lowey

Out of the list I'd choose the Tracer.

But you know the right answer is a Turner :p

takisawa2

What about a Ventana El-Ciclon.

juan
    Free Member

something from the "mainstream" brand. For half the price, and go on a biking trip with the rest of the money 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

@pedalhead… what does your coal powered SC weigh?

PS I am surprised it's allowed upstairs!

Hadge
    Free Member

You would be very very happy with any one of them. I've had earlier models of all those and my choice wouldn't be any of them as it would another "earlier" bike and that would be the 5 Spot. The one problem with trying to pick one of those or any bike is you really really need to have the bike for some peroid of time find out exactly what the good and bad bits are. Then you find out things like bearing issues, build quality, bike geometry etc etc and only riding them over a long period do you find these things out.
    I would choose between the Tracer and the ASR5 as I really like those but would definitely try ride them before I bought one.

dickie
    Free Member

I'd second a Ventana El Ciclon – have a frame for sale if you interested – email in profile

takisawa2

sorry. Double post.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

i have chosen the yeti and collect it next saturday but not ridden a tracer i must admit

si-wilson
    Free Member

that EVIL is nice!

As mentioned have a look at the Chumba VF2. 5" travel, carbon rear end, 68 degree HA with a 140mm fork. Also it is a very versatile frame, can run 160mm up front and coil rear (I have a CCDB on mine)

Just about to do a rolling chassis offer for £1950, (coming to a STW banner ad near you!) Frame, Fox Float fork, Hope Hoops, Thomson stem and post and Chumba saddle and grips! Just need bar and groupset and its ready to go!

My own VF2, now with a few changes, Stans Flows and a few other bits.

Hadge
    Free Member

Are you colecting it from the shop Nick? I might pop down Saturday if you are.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

YES hadge, subject to confirmation mon/tues from bob that it will be ready

orange
    Free Member

tracer!

undapressure
    Free Member

Tracer. They ride absolutely fantastically (although I haven't ridden any of the others). Climbs well and is so confidence inspiring going downhill that you end up going far faster than you should. They are pretty bombproof, mine has been thrown down Cwmcarn DH run, Glentress etc, it even keeps up with or overtakes a lot of the heavier 8-10' travel bikes.

pedalhead
    Free Member

flamejob – Member

@pedalhead
    … what does your coal powered SC weigh?

PS I am surprised it's allowed upstairs!

I haven't gone for a particularly lightweight build, comes in around 28lbs. Wouldn't want it much lighter than that anyway tbh, but you could easily lose some on the forks, wheelset, seastpost & brakes.

It's only allowed upstairs because that's my man-cave/barn 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘If you had to chose between these full sussers…’ is closed to new replies.