Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • If you had to buy one bike for unknown riding…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My Mrs suggested taht I buy an inexpensive bike in the US and leave it at her folks, so when we go over I'll have something to ride.

Question is – what?

I'm thinking something that's good value – Specialized/Trek etc.. but it's going to have to do anything from road to Moab.

EDIT: Dammit, wrong forum.

thomthumb
    Free Member

where are her folks based? i'd have something for the 'local' stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

It'll need to do local stuff but also be taken with us to the far corners of the USA and/or Canada if necessary 🙂

Jerome
    Free Member

For the local stuff or get a cyclocross..

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Giant XTC?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hardtail and slicks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and it has to be relatively inexpensive. I was thinking an on-one with lock-down forks or something… but available in the USA.

Cyclocross bike ain't going to be any good in the Rockies is it?

rs
    Free Member

on-one are available in the US, edit: unreal cycles, edit again: do on-one not post to the US anyway.

Keva
    Free Member

Giant XTC again. Mine is ace on the road fitted with RC31 forks and kenda small8 tyres, still good for off road too so long as it's not muddy. I also fitted a 25-11(13?) rear cassette for closer gears, again much nicer on the road and still works well off road.

Kev

thomthumb
    Free Member

something like a cotic soul with a spare set of slicks and lockout.

molgrips
    Free Member

Liking the Cotic idea.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Something like this? I thought jenson would have more available – my thoughts were you could get it shipped from them to the inlaws within the US. They've got some cheap stuff so you might be able to put something together

molgrips
    Free Member

Not bad.. would be a shame mincing down something really steep on it but anything that would be ace in the mountains would suck on road.. so you are probably right that is middle ground.

BillMC

Genesis Core, amazing value for money.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you had to buy one bike for unknown riding…’ is closed to new replies.