Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • If you had £2k to improve your biking…what would you spend it on?
  • huggis
    Free Member

Ferrals. I’m a gadget guy but – no.

martymac

Buy the cube hardtail mentioned on the previous page, then take it on a nice holiday and get to know it a little better.
    Or coke and hookers, obviously.

huggis
    Free Member

Martymac- your second suggestion is spot on!

maxtorque

Assuming you are more interested in MTB: (rather than road riding, which, lets face it,is rather gay…… 😉 << joke btw!)

£250 on a really good skills course
    £250 on a long weekend in Wales/Scotland/The Lakes/The Peaks etc
    £1000 on a really nice week in the Alps
    £250 on some bling
    £250 on beer (or a nice meal with the missus, if she’s feeling left out!)

grannyjone
    Free Member

All on holidays abroad, the types which are mainly uplift assist downhill oriented and provide skills tuition

I take it £2k would get me two guided holidays in Spain, one week each

For bike equipment? Just maintaining the stuff I’ve got now rather than upgrading

shermer75
    Free Member

2k I’d go on a skills course and a holiday

Yep, holiday would be top of my list. I remember the biking holidays I’ve had waaay more than the bikes I was on during the holiday.

corroded
    Free Member

Flights to Vancouver or Denver and a local guide.

asbrooks

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Pay a painter/decorator, that’d get me more weekends out of the bloody house!

2 grand won’t get you far going on the last time I had a painter and decorator in to paint the front of the house.

edit: As said above, go on a skills course or two.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Here in Sweden there was an internet auction for a nationwide charity campaign to ride with Robin Wallner for a day, enduro pro who came 4th in whistler and was top 10 in the EWS. 500 quid I think it went for.

That plus a week in finale the week before the EWS , follow the pros, watch their lines, try (and fail) to keep up. You would learn so so much

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘If you had £2k to improve your biking…what would you spend it on?’ is closed to new replies.