Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • if you had 2billion to spend on bikes?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

so the money that george has grabbed to allow us the massive 1p a litre saving at the pumps…

if you were put in charge of that money and told you had to divide it up amongst all the people in this country over the age of 17 (driving age) and buy everyone a bike…. what would you chose? would you spend it all on bikes or split it between bikes and secure storage for households too?

i’m interested to see the various approaches to the maths involved, who people think should have what bikes, statistics and bike choices 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

boris bike schemes in all towns/cities.

i’m not doing the maths

GEDA
    Free Member

Dedicated cycling infrastructure like they have in Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden. Oh and stop people parking outside their house so streets are for people not cars. (Many housing estates here in Sweden have a communal carpark and people have to walk to there house. Makes a vast difference to quality of life)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That’s only £28 per person.

You could probably bulk buy those singlespeed decathlon bikes?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Approx. £50/bike?

chakaping
    Free Member

proper cycle lanes everywhere

DezB
    Free Member

This: Dedicated cycling infrastructure like they have in Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden.

Not this: Oh and stop people parking outside their house so streets are for people not cars
    GEDA obviously has never been to Portsmouth!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’d make my own trail centre with a helicopter uplift. Actually make that a C-130 uplift so people can parachute out to the top of the hill. Would still have the helicopter on standby incase i get hungry and need a sandwich and require the services of one the Swedish bikini model trailside chefs. Also re-tarmac and ban cars from all my favourite road routes

Was considering lining these roads with marble statue of myself but i think that might be a little extravagent.

j_me
    Free Member

Paper bicycle…..after all that £2 billion “savings” is being paid for by the “Scottish” North Sea Oil so buying Scottish is the least you could do 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why is the oil Scottish? Technicaly doesn’t it belong to the Queen?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘if you had 2billion to spend on bikes?’ is closed to new replies.