Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • If you had 1 day in Bourg St Maurice…….
  • Legoman
    Free Member

… what would you do?

I’m going out there for a week at the end of May. It’s a family holiday so riding time will be limited & I want to get the most out of it.
    I’ll probably only get one full day of riding, so it’s got to be a good ‘un!

Let’s have some recommendations – ideally not too hardcore DH (don’t really have the kit for it) but anything else considered.

Also any rec’s for family friendly cycling activities (with 6 and 8yr old)?

Cheers

damo2576
    Free Member

I would probably use it to book up the rest of the week!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if i didn’t do what damo suggested i’d be contacting trailaddiction and offering to tickle ash’s balls or something for a day’s guiding

beanie
    Free Member

There is a nice park to ride round in the town near super u, good for the family nice and flat with some woods and a little skills area to play on. Not to sure about hard core riding but there are some nice guides in the town, I rode with a guy called Brian that works for cool bus last year and he was a great guide.
    I am of there for a week at the start of June.

Legoman
    Free Member

i’d be contacting trailaddiction and offering to tickle ash’s balls or something for a day’s guiding

I was thinking about that (not the ball tickling), wasn’t sure if it was groups only. Might drop him a line.

Jerome
    Free Member

Road riding may be easiest.
    Is the Petit st bernard around there.
    Les Arcs cool climb aswell.
    J

steveh

End of may will be your problem, holiday season not up and running yet and the funicular won’t be running. TA/ash are good folk to ask for some advice though.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’d spend the entire day eating burgers in the cafe opposite the station.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Ride up a hill, Rag down it. Ask Ash. Locals might show you around.

MadPierre

I would get a guide to take me up to do La Varda. Proper epic on technical singletrack. Here’s a photo: http://mountainbikerides.co.uk/photos/foreign-holidays/megavalanche-and-les-arcs-2008/les-arcs-20081-1409.html Try Rob from http://www.thecoolbus.co.uk/ He’s a good guide.

…..Or just using the funicular to Hammer the Black 8 http://mountainbikerides.co.uk/video/18-les-arcs/85-black-8.htmlover and over!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

La Varda fresh out of the box

tasty

that said we did it on day 1 = 😮 😕 😐 😡 8)

bigjim

Ask Sam at bike village if he’ll do you a day’s riding.

Gary_C

Funicular up to the top station, bomb down ‘Black 8’ as fast as possible to get the next funicular up…..& repeat……

😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

black 8 is a good one to do as the bus (which takes bikes) runs up to Arc 1800 and you can fire road it from there iirc

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you had 1 day in Bourg St Maurice…….’ is closed to new replies.