Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • If you could time travel to any place, when and where would you go?
  • jekkyl

As per title for a bit of fun, If you could time travel to any place and come back, where and when would you go, and why, if you like?

I fancy ancient egypt, to observe the thousands of slaves building the pyraminds and the pharohs lording it up, were they Aliens?

Northwind

Donington Monsters of Rock 1994 😆

kimbers

North wind was that pantera, sepultura, biohazard therapy ? I was there ! 😈

DezB
    Free Member

Spare room, 4 years ago. I’d log out of my email account 😆

Torminalis
    Free Member

Do we get to come back?

jekkyl

@torm, yup

@dezb
    – consequences leading to spousal seperation? were you the cheater???

matt_outandabout

1986, Geology classroom, 5 seconds before I referred to Mr Rogers as ‘mummy’ without thinking….

Torminalis
    Free Member

Well if we can come back, I reckon I would like to travel 1000 years into the future. Most of the current existential threats would have been superseded (singularity, nuclear holocaust, environmental collapse etc) by new ones and I could come home with some solutions to the old ones. Also a sports almanac.

nickc

Northern Europe about 40, 000 yrs ago to check out how the other human species were doing, and then forward to about 4,900 years ago, to have a chat with the guys messing about with stones in Wiltshire just to see if they were actually doing it just to mess with us.

kimbers

Boston USA last weekend in June 1999, I’d find myself give me a slap and tell me of course I’ll go back with those 2 student babes, idiot

Northwind

kimbers – Member

North wind was that pantera, sepultura, biohazard therapy ? I was there !

You swine! It was basically ground zero for me and music, listened to it all (and taped it, still got the worn-thin tapes and lovingly handwritten labels) and basically popped out the end a metalhead 😆 Probably single most important formative experience of present day me!

Imagine it was smellier in person though.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Istanbul, August 2008 – I’d make sure things ended up the same way but I’d try not to be such a **** about it.

Assuming I’m allowed the requisite survival gear, I’d want to witness the collision that created the moon.

I’d like to see some of the other human species before they became extinct.

Marin
    Free Member

India at the start of our meddling over there maybe 1620’s ish. Go native as they liked to say at the time. Tiger hunts, hareems, North West Frontier, Nepal wide open and a mystery, some opium pipes to chill out. What’s not to like.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Before the Big Bang…… To see what went before 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Wembley, 13 July 1985.

chewkw
    Free Member

To the future 1 million years from now to see if there is progress in mankind … 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

To buy shares in the top ten companies as they start up!

Rorschach
    Free Member

About 5 minutes ago so I can have that cup of tea again….it was awesome (if I make another it will NOT be the same)

mark90
    Free Member

The Moon, July 20 1969. To see if anyone actually turns up.

richmtb

November 22, 1963, Dallas, Texas

Shout “DUCK!!” at the right moment

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

November 22, 1963, Dallas, Texas

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6naJ08Tskk[/video]

Uh huh, ‘cos that worked out so well when we tried it before 😉

nickc

or just, y’know, meet him at the airport….

pirahna
    Free Member

Last Friday afternoon, just in time to buy a winning Euromillions ticket.

teadrinker
    Free Member

May 1998 to lock the garage door before some oaf walked in and nicked my bike.

I’m over it now though, clearly.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’d go back to this morning and put my sandwiches in my lunch bag.

bensales
    Free Member

October 1996, my student bedroom. Say ‘Yes’ when she said ‘Tie me up and…’

benji
    Free Member

To the repack and be one of the MTB pioneers on a klunker, and make sure we went 29 wheels from the start.

waihiboy
    Free Member

crystal palace bowl (as it was known then) 31st july 1993

julianwilson
    Free Member

My house, this morning, just before i broke the lovely retro royal doulton sink i was supposed to be installing. 😳 😥

Otherwise, the opening of the Atomium, the HOC public gallery at the end of the repeal of the corn laws, and the Stade de France at the magnificent end of the 1998 world cup.

JulianA
    Free Member

Nuremberg rally would be interesting.

Petra when the Naboteans were building it.

The junction near Arkhanes in Crete when PLF was abducting General Kriepe.

Any time at the Villa Ariadne when John Pendlebury et al were there.

So many possibilities!

molgrips
    Free Member

Too late for the Red Dwarf quote, damn.

I’d quite like to stay in my house and go back 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 10,000 years ago, just to have a look around.

I’d love to climb the tree that would probably be here and look down towards the Severn Estuary coastline lined with forest as pristine wilderness.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’d travel to the future and come back to save the planet and your sorry asses from impending catastrophe, but you’d probably think I was nuts…

davidrussell
    Free Member

Over / around the Normandy coast, June 6th 1944. Irrespective of the tragedy of war it must have been a sight to behold.

molgrips
    Free Member

For the times when Cardiff existed, I’d love to walk down the stream bank to the road and then walk down into town. I’d have to pass through three or four separate villages separated by countryside to get to town.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d travel to the future and come back to save the planet and your sorry asses from impending catastrophe, but you’d probably think I was nuts…

Well played.

choppersquad
    Free Member

May 1st 1851.
    Always fancied having a nose round The Great Exhibition.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Too late for the Red Dwarf quote, damn

That’s why they call me “tosser” gofasterstripes 😉

jimw
    Free Member

17th December 1903
    Or failing that, either 21st October 1805 or 26th August 1346 as I was obsesed with those as a kid. Much less martial these days

Caher

1st day of University again, with certificates, to relive the social side.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’d go back to my folks house last night so that i could do something about the vascular stroke my dad had the in early hours of this morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘If you could time travel to any place, when and where would you go?’ is closed to new replies.