Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • If you could revisit your teenage years.
  • fasthaggis

So imagine that you could borrow Saxon Rider’s time machine. 🙂
    Knowing what you know now,what would be the one thing that you would tell your younger self?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get a job you love.

fin25
    Free Member

Do more drugs.

mactheknife

Stay with Dawn a bit longer as the sex was so worth her mental tantrums. 🙂

jimdubleyou

The girl you get the bus with fancies you as much as you fancy her.

MoreCashThanDash

Follow your heart, not your head. In all things.

jabbi
    Free Member

Do less drugs!

Edit: Don’t **** up the L thing 😳 😀 😀

stumpy01

perchypanther – Member

Get a job you love.

This.

Erm, and talk to girls more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have kids earlier but not with her

perchypanther
    Free Member

Follow your heart, not your head. In all things.

…except diving from the 10m platform.

mattbee

Seek professional help now, not in 5 years time.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Beat and kick my young self black and blue

woody2000

I would tell myself that on one particularly hedonistic night in Aug 1990, I really must remember to lock my bedroom door.

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t be such a snot-nosed little plonker.

Don’t drift into a career/job by default.

Stay with Dawn Emma a bit longer as the sex was so worth her mental tantrums.

bruneep

Dont be a dick go and shag Dennise

Dickyboy

student sponsorship – just take the money & then run for the hills, not the other way round you f**kwit!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Don’t skip seeing The Calsh, regret it to this day. More flying with ATC inc University Air Squadron. Do more body conditioning, would have avoided breaking my ACL. Read more, not difficult as I read very little.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I would travel back in time to visit the parents of the guy who wrote the script to the adverts on this very webpage, who has inadvertently made me type and retype what I’d do four times because the adware keeps breaking my browser and I’d say “Mr and Mrs Bastard; your child is going to one day do something awful. Make sure they avoid having any future career in IT”.

Actually, back in the day I was quite the gentleman (actually, I was effin’ clueless). I had a steady stream of eligible ladies in and out the door who I treated as my mates – some of whom are mates to this very day. Now one or two made very, very blatant passes at me and I was too dense to realise.

Only last week I realised that Susan McLaren (name changed) had something in mind when she invited me back to her place after an evening out with friends. I eventually ended up on another lasses’ sofa and everyone duly assumed – including the lovely Susan – that something had happened, when it hadn’t.

A year later, a very lovely Melanie Jones – whom I hadn’t seen in four years – walked up to me in the middle of a nightclub, pressed her phonenumber into my hand, kissed me on the cheek and asked me to call her as she was home from uni and wanted to “get together”.

Give me a TARDIS, I’d go back twenty years and kick myself up the arse.

richmars

Learn to play a musical instrument.

jekkyl

The women are interested you mug, especially that Lisa you worked with at Yates’ she didn’t keep rubbing your leg for a laugh. Oh and ditch Leoni when you finish Uni.

franksinatra

Sarah. Wow. She was incredible.

and join the Navy. All the good bits about being in the military but bugger all chance of actually getting shot.

M6TTF
    Free Member

look up the person i would like to have met 20 years ago

DezB
    Free Member

Get a job you love.

Erm, and talk to less girls. 😆

TiRed

I’d tell my younger self to nag my sister and mother for the next 30 years to stay out of the sun 🙁

wilburt
    Free Member

Somewhere in the world theres a bloke called Saxonrider, he has a time machine if you steal it you can make a fortune. That and get a hair cut.

scaredypants

My teenage years were great though, as above, a bit more shagging wouldn’t have been difficult to achieve

There’s 2 people I really should’ve been nicer to and 1 who I should’ve told to **** off long before I got round to it

stilltortoise
    Free Member

lol what a great thread with a commonly recurring theme. I know exactly what I’d tell myself but I’m not recording it in perpetuity on an internet forum 🙂

sadexpunk

Stay with Divorce Dawn a bit longer sooner as the sex was so definitely not worth her mental tantrums

joshvegas
    Free Member

Leave school at 16 and don’t bother with uni.

Edukator
    Free Member

Nothing. If ever you’ve watched Run Lola Run you’ll know why. I survived, so did most around me, I’m happy where I am.

If I’d joined the navy I’d have been in the Falklands rather than Brittany when the ships were attacked.

allthepies
    Free Member

When a little company called Microsoft starts up, save up all your cash and offer to invest in them 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Buy apple shares.

ninfan
    Free Member

Beware the girl with the broken wing…

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tell yourself to hold them when it all initially goes to rat.

jimmy

Don’t go to uni.

allthegear
    Free Member

Go see the docs NOW

Rachel

Cougar

The typical “girls” advice as per everyone else here, both generally and specifically.

Don’t spend money on media, it’ll never be worth anything. Especially VHS.

Move house right now or you’ll be stuck in a worthless property for the next 20 years.

Edukator
    Free Member

There seem to be two distinct themes in the “girls” advice. The “dodged bullets” and the “I was mad not to”. With hindsight I was quite good at dodging bullets and who knows what merry dance the “mad not tos” would have led me on. I reckon my teenage self had pretty good taste and discernment, perhaps more than the dirty old man self.

kayla1
    Free Member

Another ‘don’t go to uni’ here.

edit- that said, all of the formative experiences leading up to the point I met my other half/significant other/partner (we’re not married and boyfriend seems a little superficial!) led to me meeting him so it’d be daft to change things too much.

ads678

Stop thinking and just do it!

And, buy a bike, you live in Halifax you arsehole…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘If you could revisit your teenage years.’ is closed to new replies.