Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • If you could of chosen, in which county would you have be born ?
  • Dales_rider
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

British Columbia
    Thats bit like confessing your from Belgium

Edit:- Has it stopped raining yet ?

matt_outandabout

Well I was born in Uttar Pradesh, which was treated like an English county back in the day….so BC seems a step forward. 😉

cinnamon_girl

I wasn’t born in a County. 😐

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sam

crikey – Member
    Born: Braddon, Canberra, New South Wales.

Crikey, you’re older than I thought, been a while since Braddon was in NSW… Though I guess in those times it wasn’t even Braddon.

slowoldman

Yorkshire – which as luck would have it…

Oh and I would like to take this opportunity to point out that even up north some of us know the difference between of and have.

mattbee

Given that I was born in Beverley, in the East Riding of Humberside as it was then whilst the rest of my family were born in Actual yorkshire, I’d have been born in Yorksire too, if only to save me being teased by them for not being a proper Yorkshireman….

ads678

I’m proud of where I’m from, Leicester. But i’d probably have chosen to have grown up by the sea or in the hills somewhere. Devon or the lakes maybe.

I live in Yorkshire now though so it’s not all bad.

pb2

Lancs is on my birth certificate but Perthshire or one of the southern Irish counties would get my vote. As for Yarkshire folk, well you know what say about some folk 😉

timc
    Free Member

Liverpool / Merseyside!! 😀

rickmeister

Personally if there was a choice it would be a Central European country..

Is Yorkshire in Europe… ?

Sonor
    Free Member

Middlesex. But by the time I was born it had been subsumed into Greater London.

So many yorkshire’ists around here, all with an over inflated sense of importance, which I suppose is fair enough when you consider no one else gives a monkeys about that place. 😉

Nobby

Right here in God’s county: Yorkshire!

Never understood that, everyone knows God’s UK home is Canterbury 😛

ahwiles
    Free Member

rickmeister – Member

Is Yorkshire in Europe… ?

yertislad.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Dolgelleau (CYB)

Cletus
    Free Member

I would have liked to have grown up in Marin County just over the bridge from San Francisco.

I have visited there a few times and it is great. There would have been lots of IT type opportunities there which would cover work. The riding and outdoor activities available speak for themselves.

natrix
    Free Member

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred,
    Weak in t’ arm and thick in t’ ead

as we like to say down south 8)

binners

Definitely Essex. It looks great! I just love everything about it. As it is I have to make do with Lancashire. Its a source of constant angst and bitterness

annebr
    Free Member

Northumberland

bikebouy
    Free Member

Born in Shropshire (Ironbridge) and would quite happily live back there but Hampshire has it at the moment and can’t really see me moving.
    MrsBouy has a farm in Yarkshire (Harrogate) and we visit very regularly, it’s a nice county and all that but it’s too cold for me, though I do see what you lot see in it..

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

You would if you were.

It’s about pride, a feeling of belonging; that unspoken knowledge that your just better. To the outside world we’re much like the Scots, but with the generosity removed. If your on the inside though, it’s mint.

THIS!!

I’m fortunate enough that I could quite easily relocate to Sydney, San Diego or Lyon with my current company but I couldn’t bring myself to leave.

Everytime I turn the corner out onto the Chevin as I head out of Leeds and I see the Dales laid out in front of me I’m blown away with just how lucky I am.

You just never get bored of Yorkshires awesomeness.

LenHankie
    Free Member

Probably Cornwall, but quite happy with Kent/East Sussex

tomtomthepipersson

Yorkshire’s ok but everyone talks funny up there.

hora
    Free Member

West Yorkshire. I dont know why anyone would want to be born elsewhere.

Lifer
    Free Member

Sussex born and raised, love it.

Philby

Yorkshire born and bred in Leeds. Now live in Bristol, but still love going back home to enjoy the broad acres of God’s Own Country.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I currently live in a Kingdom and doubt I want to live elsewhere.

Given the choice of another, I’d say either Marin County or Multnomah County.

growinglad
    Free Member

Essex born and bred man and bwow.

I had a bloody fantastic childhood playing in the woods. Riding to the sea side, so I’m really glad I was born there. Love going back and walking along the sea front.

Would I move back there?

Not on your nelly!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The county of London which is fortunate because I was, LCC ceased to exist in 1965 when it became the GLC

Samuel Johnson summed it up nicely “when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life”

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘If you could of chosen, in which county would you have be born ?’ is closed to new replies.