Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • If you could manage 100 miles in 6 hours……
  • ibnchris

Not sure if you’ve come across Love Velo before but they organised a ride from Manchester Velodrome to the Olympic Village. This might be the route you found. If you want more info on the route they took I know the guy who organised it and can get the details for you

monksie
    Free Member

That would be fantastic, thank you. I’ve barely even thought about the route as yet.

While I’m here: cheeky liitle plug but I won’t spam

http://www.justgiving.com/stannsbigbikeride

1st cycling prize to be announced is a day’s MTB training with a well proven instructor. It should be confirmed over the weekend. Just £1 get’s you an entry to the draw and there will be lot’s more added over the next month or two.

Rod

I thought the same about gels before I started using Torq gels… give them a whirl before you write them off! (and the rhubarb and custard flavour is AMAZING 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Rod – Member
    I thought the same about gels before I started using Torq gels… give them a whirl before you write them off! (and the rhubarb and custard flavour is AMAZING

That!

ibnchris

Hi Monksie,

E-mailing you some gpx files. Hope they’re useful!

monksie
    Free Member

Got them Chris, thank you very much

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well I managed 100 miles at the weekend, although the pace dropped after about 60 miles and the hallucinations kicked in after 75miles!

monksie
    Free Member

Hey up Sam. Sorry, I didn’t see your post and I meant to check how you got on.
    Hallucinations? Mint!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haha, yea I made it round the loop, but made the schoolboy error of making the outward leg along the coast and the return across the moors (with a brief section along the coast). There’s a really nasty 1:4 hill up from a village called Sandsend and halfway up it I thought things looked a little odd and someone was swearing/crying, turns out it was me! I’m going to keep adding 10% each weekend for a few weeks and see how it goes. Hopefully the average speed will increase and I’ll be fit by July, if not I’ll still do a part of the route.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘If you could manage 100 miles in 6 hours……’ is closed to new replies.