Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • If you could live anywhere in Europe…
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

…where would it be? Obviously it has to be very close to pretty sweet MTB trails, preferably not too expensive (Switzerland and maybe Morzine etc. are out because of cost!) and have seasons and a good amount of sunshine hours.

peteimpreza

Can we not just move the UK to somewhere with better weather and more mountains ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Can we not just move the UK to somewhere with better weather and more mountains ?

Are you suggesting we invade Italy?

Might work.

Klunk
    Free Member

costa del essex yuk!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sierra Nevada. Close enough to the sea, not full of tourists, cheap, big mountains, great trails, excellent road riding, 30C+ in summer, snow in winter, great food.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sweden I think.

ton

Biarritz. ace beaches, ace mountains, good temperature.

MSP

Frieburg, Valencia, Aix-en-Provence or San-Sebastian are the places I have been that I could really imagine living in, enjoying life while still being able to make a living.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

East Kilbride.

km79
    Free Member

Seeing how I could live anywhere in Europe, I suppose then that would have to mean where I am now.

Hmmm, makes me think… 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

East Kilbride.

You’d get dizzy.

It’d make you fall over a lot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

still being able to make a living.

Wasn’t part of the criteria!

Although a lot of Europe/the world you could probably sell up in the UK and retire there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Re: Morzine cost – I had a look at homes out there a couple of years ago when I was flash.

Theres two types, 1) close to a lift or “ski in, ski out” (even if it’s not really) loadsamoney or 2) a 5 mins drive or 10 min ride away or ideally in a non-lift village cheapasbuttons well compared to 1 anyway. I guess they’re expensive to maintain though as they have to keep that rustic look.

As for the original question, France. Not massively fussed where, not Paris, probably not the Alps but an hour or so down the road might work, can’t stand snow. Frankly if I had the time/money now to learn the language to a working standard I’d go now.

franksinatra

scotroutes

I already live in Europe – in the place I want to live.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’d get dizzy.

It’d make you fall over a lot.

All you joggers who go round, and round, and round…

gordimhor

If not where I am then Norway

Rockape63
    Free Member

.where would it be? Obviously it has to be very close to pretty sweet MTB trails, preferably not too expensive (Switzerland and maybe Morzine etc. are out because of cost!) and have seasons and a good amount of sunshine hours.

Surrey of course! 8)

fergal
    Free Member

We had plans to live in Europe, so much better than here in every way.

perchypanther
    Free Member

All you joggers who go round, and round, and round…

Peel Parklife?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Dordogne

freeagent
    Free Member

possibly Monaco.

fergal
    Free Member

Thats the thing when we lose freedom of movement, only the wealthy will be moving.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sierra Nevada.

This. Or Girona.

fergal
    Free Member

Why? Better work life balance, work to live ethos etc, more community, better infrastructure, good climate, more progressive politics, better media, green agenda, the list goes on.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Saltburn 😀

matt_outandabout

If you could live anywhere in Europe…

Canada. Most definitely Canada. I am *sure* its in the EU.

If not, give me a year and I will do some action research and let you know.
    (Not the Alps, not Belgium)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saltburn 😀

This is my realistic option! Mostly for the fish and chips at the pier, the riding’s not bad I suppose

Nothing to see here, move along……………

DrJ

Spoon. That’s not Saltburn as you well know. In fact you can nearly see the house I grew up on that photo, and there was a reason I moved away 🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

I think this changes with your life ….
    Where you might like in your 20’s is often hell for retirement… steep snowy hills are great when you’re young less so when you’re 75 and tottering
    Places I’d like are often not great for younger kids ..

I lived in loads of places some at the right time in life and others at the wrong time.

For the sake of plucking somewhere I might say Cyprus…beaches and mountains … ??

beej

Lucca, Tuscany.

I could hang out with Team Dimension Data and Mario Cipolini.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Mrs Wachowchow wants to move up to Sutherland from tropical Hampshire. We have local friends up there that own a croft which we could afford with the equity in our current house. They are not selling but she is using that as a guide.
    As beautiful as it is, I am not sure. I am going to send her up there in the depths of winter to see how she fairs. My guess is she will be fine but it will be me mincing about in the tundra.

pondo
    Free Member

In Syracuse at the moment, and somewhere on Ortigia would do me just fine.

DrJ

In Syracuse at the moment, and somewhere on Ortigia would do me just fine.

We have friends that were looking to buy a place in Sicily. But apparently the mafia don’t make good neighbours. Something about showing up and insisting that you have debts that nobody told you about. And needing to sell them your house at a bargain price to pay them off.

welshfarmer

I would move back to Southern Germany tomorrow if life wasn’t in the way. Somewhere south and east of Stuttgart would be ideal.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Haute Vienne, great for VTT and road biking, I love it here. 32 deg today, 90 mins on the road bike, 6km dog walk then 60 mins swimming in Lac St Pardoux. Life is good.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Austria/ Germany in a village near the mountains. I live in Sweden in a village in the mountains so it’s pretty good but the booze / weather/ filthy desserts are better there.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nuneaton

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Anywhere? This would do, summer here, winter elswhere

jam-bo

Iceland.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘If you could live anywhere in Europe…’ is closed to new replies.