Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • if you could buy one of these which and why (tripster cdf shand)
  • leffeboy

The Imperial Blue looks properly lovely.

You are not wrong. I’ve a friend with a pipedream in what looks like the same colour and it is a great colour for a bike

firestarter
    Free Member

Very nice can defo see the green tint there. Im trying to steer clear of matte or metallic as i think gloss will be easier to clean/touch up esp after having a matte finish motorbike

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think I’m going to put a Bahookie frame to the top of my 40th birthday presents suggestion list. If they sort the cables out of course 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine is a 40th tho it will arrive around a month before my 41st

leffeboy

Mine is a 40th tho it will arrive around a month before my 41st

Mine was a 50th. I think we should all just send Shand our birthdays so he can send our other halves a catalogue 6 months in advance 🙂

Enjoy.

firestarter
    Free Member

Lol yeah he should. And im sure i will enjoy 😉

Sanny
    Free Member

I have a Tripster and can honestly say that I love it. I got it on long term test but opted to buy it. Light, comfortable, sorted handling, great both on and off road – what’s not to like? Made in the Far East but given my disappointing experience with a US made Litespeed frame (aluminium insert in the head tube that came away from the frame with a long wait to get a replacement only finally resolved by the UK importer dealing with things as opposed to their supplier), that is no bad thing!

Shand bikes look lovely but I know someone who got one custom and ended up with things that he didn’t ask for. As a custom bike, I would expect to get what I ask for and not have to have fixes made to the frame. 😯 They look really nice but I think that I would rather have a frame made in China or Taiwan these days than by a low volume builder such as Shand. The Far East builders do a terrific job these days of building excellent frames.

No experience of Genesis so cannae comment on that.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got 3.5 years until my 40th, so if I allow six months in advance to order, that gives me a whole three years to persaude the missus.

Might need a time machine 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

Tbh its only gonna be a 6-8 week wait it just took me 10 months to decide what i wanted/talk the wife round

Tho when i suggested a new motorbike the shand got the go ahead 😉

James_Gillies
    Free Member

I’ve been lucky enough to have had both a Tripster and a Stoater. I prefer the Stoater, and not because it fits me better. All components are the same, the Stoater feels a little more planted, stable and comfortable, even at higher speeds. And that’s despite the lower BB height, longer wheel base and slacker head angle of the Tripster. I’m not saying the Tripster is unstable or uncomfortable, far from it, but the Stoater is better. But at the same time the stoater has a more engaging ride, it feels quicker and more fun to ride. Not quite sure how Steven has managed it? But I suspect it’s because the front end is lower and the BB higher so I feel ‘on’ the Stoater, whereas I felt ‘in’ the Tripster. The Stoater is slightly heavier than the Tripster, but not by much and you defiantly don’t feel it when riding, indeed it feels lighter due to the more spritely feel of the frame. But I suspect the extra weight in the frame adds to it’s comfortable and planted feel. And, as much as I liked the look of a brushed ti frame, my Stoater is far more fun to look at on a dank spring day.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/rkWwAC[/url]DSC_0448 by j_c_gillies, on Flickr[/img]

firestarter
    Free Member

Sounds good 😉

shandcycles
    Free Member

Sanny said :

but I know someone who got one custom and ended up with things that he didn’t ask for. As a custom bike, I would expect to get what I ask for and not have to have fixes made to the frame.

???? YGM Sanny.

fatmax

Shand – definitely. That lichen Rohloff Stoater ^ is lush!

drainfish
    Free Member

The Imperial Blue looks properly lovely.
    You are not wrong. I’ve a friend with a pipedream in what looks like the same colour and it is a great colour for a bike

Anyone got any pictures of the Imperial blue? I can see most of their other ‘blues’ but most interested in this one.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘if you could buy one of these which and why (tripster cdf shand)’ is closed to new replies.