Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • if you could buy one of these which and why (tripster cdf shand)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

All day bike on off road guards rack decent clearances one bike to rule all

Kinesis tripster atr. Genesis Croix De Fer 2015 stainless. Shand stoater 105

What and why trip and cdf same price shand a bit over budget really but lovely

cloudnine
    Free Member

You could also have a look at..
    Sabbath September AR1 and the Van Nicholas Amazon..

But im biased and will say a Tripster

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Test ride.
    Then decide.

scaredypants

have a go
    then you’ll know

scaredypants

buy online
    save some time

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice 😉

scaredypants

(I’m not even considering a shand until he makes one called the “handy”)

cloudnine
    Free Member

The Tripster, the Tripster
    Just dont be a hipster

tang
    Free Member

Have a stroke
    At Bespoked

leffeboy

shand a bit over budget really but lovely

it’s the ‘ lovely’ bit that wins. I’m sure there are other bikes that are cheaper or lighter but sometimes you just want something because it is lovely.

tang
    Free Member

And before you pick it
    I’ll give you a ticket
    (I work for Bespoked show)

scaredypants

Don’t buy bling
    ’til you’ve bleached your ring

tang
    Free Member

If you want a rumble
    Deny this man his crumble

Onzadog
    Free Member

What have you just stood in?
    Is it a child’s puddin’?

scaredypants

Won’t somebody come here to share
    their thoughts on a new croix de fer ?
    sure, kinesis is grand
    and we’d all like a Shand
    but it still doesn’t seem all that fair

(ah bollox, he has a tripster – edited) 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

Id love the rohloff shand leffeboy but its a huge save away. The shand 105 can be swapped to rohloff later but the the cdf in stainless is nice and tripster is too. I almost clicked buy on tripster other day… doh….

Wife says wait a year then get rohloff shand and usb dynamo. Hard to argue with but then every time i come on here i see a huge ad for tripster and the idea of stainless tubes interests too aaaahhhhh…..

scaredypants

wife says delay ?
    you’d better obey

firestarter
    Free Member

Capt flash all this sillyness is your fault 🙂

scaredypants

If he’s not been good
    nanny won’t give him pud 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

The Tripster is wide,
    The Tripster is light,
    The Tripster will have you smiling allright

leffeboy

Id love the rohloff shand leffeboy

me too but only after the 105 version as I like the simplicity of regular gears. I’ve had mine for over a year now and it still gives me huge pleasure to ride it each day and a lot of that is because it just looks ‘right’. Might have to wait until next significant birthday to think about a rohloff version but I’m still put off by the shifters

bencooper
    Free Member

You can get thumbshifters for the Rohloff – I’ve used the Cinq5 shifters on several builds. They work very well – though they are £250…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I don’t think that the stainless cdf is supposed to be any comfier than the 725 cdf, and I don’t think the tyre clearances are any better.

The tripster is comfier than the 725 cdf, and a couple of lbs lighter, so It would be better for all day rides.

Plus the tripster can take 40c tyres under mudguards, and mine with 40c wtb nanos is excellent, went for a 40 mile ride on Saturday even though I am in the midst of a heavy cold.

Do I think your choice is between the tripster, and the shand, and maybe that other titanium one that has been mentioned.

Rorschach
    Free Member

shand

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I doubt there’s a finer bike in the land,
    than a custom built stoater from Shand.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I note that a lot of the comfort of my tripster, and the cdf before, came from the titanium seatpost and selle flite gel flow saddle…

And another load comes form the big tyres, so if the shand takes a skinny seatpost and has decently fat tyre capability then the difference over the tripster might only be a bit of weight.

firestarter
    Free Member

I think (sure) im decided on a shand tbh they look beautiful and it ticks all the boxes of what im after where as the others have certain bits missing from the overall thing i want and the shands only bit that lets it down slightly is its a bit more pork on it but im not too fussed on the weight its not an issue for my requirements. And i knew in advance about that as my mate has a flar bar shand rohloff with dynamo and he loves it

Now its playing with finances and deciding rohloff or 105 mmmm….

tang
    Free Member

Not sure if its relevant Firestarter, but I do have a complimentary ticket for Bespoked. Shand will be there, and many others if you want to check things out…

firestarter
    Free Member

Hi thats a very kind offer but its a long long way away. It would be quicker for me to visit shand themselves. Tbh i can’t see past the shand at the min it hits every point i want im just struggling with the geometry at the min looking at it but nowt that cant be worked around. Biggest problem at the min is to rohloff or not lol

tang
    Free Member

I’m wearing a Shand T shirt today if you’re looking for tenuous signs! Lovely lovely frames, nice guys and the welding is really top notch.

firestarter
    Free Member

Lol cheers all

firestarter
    Free Member

Ordered i just need a shand tshirt throw in lol. Leffeboy what colour is yours ive asked for lichen green but ive a few weeks to confirm. Ive seen a pic of yours but cant work out what it is . Cheers

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Look forward to seeing this Mick!

firestarter
    Free Member

Me too 😉

Bregante

Nice. Something from Shand is definitely on my wish list.

One day…. One day….

ian martin
    Free Member

I’m saving up for a Shand (40th b’day treat) and my 4 year old has told me it has to be red as red bikes are faster!

leffeboy

Leffeboy what colour is yours ive asked for lichen green

Lichen green is indeed the colour of champions. I had been sold on the orange but switched to lichen green after an evening of playing with photoshop. I also went for plain white on the downtube as that seemed to bring out the green of the frame better

I’m jealous of the changeable dropouts on the new versions. Would love some of those

did you go Rohloff in the end?

firestarter
    Free Member

I was looking at orange first then celeste but the lichen seems nice but ive seen some pics where it’s green and some look more yellow. So its hard to tell what is and isnt lichen. Ive gone for black band with white text but with stoater written in black too like below

but ive a few weeks to finalise. Any decent pics of yours

And yes went for rohloff as i really wanted one again and id only end up regretting not getting it from the start

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Imperial Blue looks properly lovely.

leffeboy

This is the only side on pic I have, it was when it was new

I’ll see if I have anything more recent kicking around but it’s been used a fair amount since :). Brakes are now TRP Spyres which are very nice indeed

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘if you could buy one of these which and why (tripster cdf shand)’ is closed to new replies.