Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • If you commuted 8 -10 miles each day….
  • cp

Singlespeed Tricross here with sks guards… No off road, just a two mile road commute, though it more than happily copes off road. Also used as the winter road bike.

Vgc second handers for about 200 quid last time I looked.

a11y

Similar commute to me although mine varies between 5-9 miles depending on route. Flat-barred Roadrat with 2×9, discs, SKS full guards and 700x35c CX tyres. Comfy, quick, reasonable on the muddy bits, low maintenance. I would’ve gone Alfine too but the range isn’t enough for the hills I have.

Could’ve spent less but I decided to indulge myself with our Bike to Work scheme 😳

soobalias
    Free Member

depends entirely on the condition of the bridleway.

rootes1

these are a deal

SS Bike – £50 off

nickf
    Free Member

I did almost exactly your commute on a couple of different bikes and settled on a V-braked On-One singlespeed. Cheap, effective, minimal maintenance.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I commute 10 miles each way every day on the SS. I have found that by running 32/14 with off road tyres on was a great training aid for my lejog last year.
    I keep the the off road tyres on so that when the boss allows an early finish I can extend the commute to teke in the woods.
    My commute also goes through the city centre on the way in with subways and stairs which road tyres dont like much.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘If you commuted 8 -10 miles each day….’ is closed to new replies.