Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • If war broke out tomorrow & all the food in shops soldout how long could you sur
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

vive ? Or how much food have you got ?

For arguments sake the water/gas/elec/internet supply is not going to be effected.

Think we’d be okay for a few weeks, 4 of us but serious rationing then it would be squirrels and cats etc for dinner.

Well ???

zippykona

Hour, tops.

scaredypants

Ages – we have lots of elderly neighbours

fasthaggis

Within hours,you would die of a broken internet.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Ages, I can run faster than all my neighbours 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m drinking out the toilet at the very thought of it….

MussEd
    Free Member

Guy from work is borderline psychotic about this kind of stuff, after pretty much frying his brain on conspiracy websites etc….anyway another colleague bumped into him in Morrisons with a trolley full to the gunnels with dolmio sauces he was stashing around the countryside for just the type of event you hypothesise…anyway fast forward 3 years later to last autumn and he was desperately trying to off load it all onto food banks/homeless shelters as it was rapidly approaching its use by date…

DezB
    Free Member

I stocked up on cereal in Lidls the other day, so that’d keep me going for a while. Once my 4 pints of milk has runout I’d have it with water. Few bags of crisps and a freezer full of crap that would need cooking.

5thElefant
    Free Member

For arguments sake the water/gas/elec/internet supply is not going to be effected.

Indefinitely.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I have a five year supply of freeze dried food in a bunker deep under my back garden. It has its own solar/wind powered generator, short wave radio, compost loo etc etc etc. If and when the world ends, me and mine will be fine till the radioactive dust settles. Don’t bother knocking.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL @ MussEd!

somafunk

Pretty much self sufficient if push came to shove even though i’m vegi….mate owns a farm and has a large walled garden and orchard that is very productive although not much variety in at the moment for obvious reasons. He also owns a 2 large gun cabinets and approx 2000 birds (pheasants/partridge etc) so dinnae be getting ideas bout’ stealing our food 😉

tacopowell
    Free Member

grow my own veg, Lifetime.

Who we fighting?!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s a crappy scenario – no food but all other essential utilities working just fine?

On the water thing – anyone remember how uncivilised the folk of Gloucester (no sniggering at the back…) became towards one another a few years ago when flooding affected the water supplies and tankers were driven in? We’re only ever a few days from beating the shit out of one another for a few bottles of water. 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It’s a crappy scenario – no food but all other essential utilities working just fine?

Its better than your scenario ! cos you dont have one… 😉

misinformer
    Free Member

It wouldn’t matter McDonald’s would be open.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, didn’t mean to insult – just that it’s a bit unrealistic to imagine no food, with all the utilities working ok. It would be the failure of those that would lead to a lack of food supplies.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Sorry, didn’t mean to insult – just that it’s a bit unrealistic to imagine no food, with all the utilities working ok.

I agree and I was only joking about scenario bit !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I do have scenarios though. But they all involve penises and I can’t talk about them on STW.

allthepies
    Free Member

So your mate is OK, what about you though ? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So I’d be like “mate”, who you calling “mate” mate. Funny how you want to be all like “mate” now that the foods gone mate.

number18
    Free Member

Considering in this scenario all the food in the shops sold out, we would presumably be the owners of all the food currently in the country, so I’m sure we’d last a few months each minimum, a lot longer if you bought the right stuff.

But, to join in with the spirit of the thread, based on what is in the house right now probably about 10 days but would be on the verge of starving to death at that point!

nedrapier

If we’ve got the internet, presumably we’ve got ocado?

Deliver to: bunker round the back of 33a, Glencross Road. Make sure you’re not followed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have a small dog, two cats and a 15 month old. That’d keep us going for a while. It’s going to be a bastard saying goodbye to the dog. 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

I have a lurcher, not a lot of meat on her but she could certainly catch some!

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

internet ok? food from tesco.com. easy.
    worst end of the world scenario ever.

somafunk

Ha-Ha 😀 , quite possibly true but i hold the knowledge regarding N-P-K ratios in vegetation/bloom cycles for various vegetables and have an understanding of how PH levels in soil or hydroponics can affect the uptake of certain nutrients, i also know how to prune for max produce/fruit etc so i figure i am at least useful till he learns it for himself and tries to take me out (which i won’t allow, or at least i’ll sabotage to the best of my abilities). 😀

Marin
    Free Member

A while. I have a gun and 500 rounds.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i’ve just eaten out my mrs

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i managed nearly 2 months just foraging once. no real reason, just for kicks, but that was at the end of summer/early autumn.
    not much about at the moment, would have to live on shellfish and seaweed

epicyclo

I checked with my neighbour Mr Seanie Bean.

He pointed out there’s a primary school nearby. No-one would miss the odd child or two.

yossarian
    Free Member

All my neighbours are retired. This means they are easy to catch but a bit scrawny. Mind you there’s an old folks home nearby. I see it as a larder.

richpips
    Free Member

Cafes will always have food?

taxi25
    Free Member

Pretty irrelivant really, if it ever happened the authorities would come round and requisition all the food. If you tried to hide any you’d probably be shot for hoarding 🙁 Better of stocking up on cigarettes and alcohol, you could trade for all the food you want then.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Three meals is the average isn’t it? Also the average amount of fuel in the average family car would allow for a trip of only 75 miles.

bigdean

Its like being back at school and reading Z for Zachariah all over again.

chewkw
    Free Member

Probably a month with rationing.

bencooper
    Free Member

I would survive by killing and eating that Tommy Hilfinger knobber in the towel over there –>

jekkyl

You could kill all the geese & ducks in the parks, they’d be easy pickings. Plenty of good eating on a swan too.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘If war broke out tomorrow & all the food in shops soldout how long could you sur’ is closed to new replies.