Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • If this is going to be the forum from now on…
  • the-muffin-man

…could we have who is the author of the thread in the main heading, rather than the last poster? I think most people would rather know who started a thread than who posted on it last.

And could the grey background that separates threads and posts be made a little darker please, as its so light you can hardly see it (although that could just be my laptop screen!)?

Ta!!

😀

woffle
    Free Member

…could we have who is the author of the thread in the main heading, rather than the last poster? I think most people would rather know who started a thread than who posted on it last.

Seconded. Pretty-please?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Thirded… 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Fourthed.

Smee
    Free Member

Can we just keep it as it is thanks.

atlaz
    Free Member

Could we have… both? I like to see who last posted.

nbt

both would be good.

and can we have a quick way of switching bike / OT / CLassfieds please?

druidh
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

Could we have… both? I like to see who last posted.
    But that would make it wider – and then there wouldn’t be enough room for the ads,

GhostRider
    Free Member

It’s taken me a while to figger out what’s going on with the post order, The top post changes to the topic that was last posted on…is at right ?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

…and seeing which threads have new posts without trying to remember how many posts were there last time I read it. That said, glad there is anything at all, well done so far, glad the most is being made of the opportunity, silver lining and all that.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It certainly needs a “new posts” option, so you can check what’s been updated since you were last on (when logged in or otherwise), as it had before.

s’only thing missing IMO.

druidh
    Free Member

I was always ran it with “recently updated posts” at the top anyways…

And the “freshness” column works to see what’s new since I last logged on.

atlaz
    Free Member

New posts buttons are fine in forums with limited traffic but here it’d be a bit of a nightmare in my opinion. Identifying threads with new posts with an icon or font change would be ideal imo.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

id like to see which forum i am in..

nukeproof
    Free Member

Its taken me a while to get use to the fact if it says “Posts 1” then there are no responses to a thread as 1 is classed as the original post unlike on the old site where number of posts would be responses only…clear as mud I’m sure.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Can we leave it alone long enough for me to work out how to use it please. Say…… 2 weeks cos i don’t get on as much as i’d like. 🙂

Ta

tomdebruin
    Free Member

The forum is up and running, that’s all that matters at the moment.

Once we have rebuilt the rest of the site we will revisit the forum and add the features that really are lacking.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

it was just about bob on before it went down IMO.

this is too much like Bikeradar!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you can change how it looks for yourself by creating a user style sheet for your browser

ie .threadpost { background-color:#bbb }

will make the background darker

Burchy1
    Free Member

the smiley’s are gonna make slacking at work a bit more obvious…

tyke
    Free Member

Would be good to have a search facility like the old fourm had; which I guess would come in time.

Will there be any sticky threads – if so, why not start one with the features we would like to see added to the forum.

druidh
    Free Member

tyke – Member

Would be good to have a search facility like the old fourm had; which I guess would come in time.

Will there be any sticky threads – if so, why not start one with the features we would like to see added to the forum.

There are a couple of sticky threads already….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the smiley’s are gonna make slacking at work a bit more obvious…

another user style sheet option:
    .bb_smilies { display:none }

tomdebruin
    Free Member

and you can search from the front page! does no-one look around?

brant
    Free Member

Infact, any bookmarked saved searches from the old site work on the new one.

M
    Free Member

how do I change my impossible to remember default password?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I quite like it, I haven’t found the Search function yet (but I haven’t looked too hard), but I like the Edit Post function.

Dibbs
    Free Member

how do I change my impossible to remember default password?

At the top of the page it says Welcome, Username!, if you click on your name it takes you to your profile, you should be able to Edit from there.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘If this is going to be the forum from now on…’ is closed to new replies.