Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • If they measure fuel in F1 by weight rather than volume, why don't we?
  • TheFlyingOx

I understand organic chemistry and the relationships between mass, volume, temperature and pressure, but I don’t have the faintest idea what SD-253 is arguing about.

TooTall
    Free Member

SD-253 – Member

A dip??? Surely I cannot dip my LPG tank?
    A/I would lose a lot of gas?
    B/ It would be dangerous?
    C/I don’t actually believe there anyway that a consumer could get into the tank?

Given that I was talking about petrol / diesel and you went off on some random gas-based tangent, I’m amazed you came up with an answer that long. 🙄

Or are they running F1 on LPG now?

bigbloke
    Free Member

When we dip tanks, the results vary due to ambient external Temps and so does the SG (specific gravity), we then have to convert the dip figures to 15 degrees to achieve the correct figures.

Our tanks are buried and semi buried and all tanks have differing temps due to weather , fill levels and positioning. It can vary greatly and affects volume quite considerably.

I always fill up car early doors also.

SD-253
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

Good point, SD-253, I was thinking of when I fill up my Land Rover from a pump. Of course, some people have got bulk tanks of their own for cars or heating.
    How are they filled, by volume or weight ?
    Charged per liter I am paying 47ppl

SD-253
    Free Member

gonefishin – Member

The answer would involve saying cold weather is better than hot weather or vice versa……So I assume you don’t know the answer??

what the actual composition of the LPG is,

As in? LPG for central heating is standard you would know it?

find out how the off loading systems work (e.g. is there any vapour recovery),

Yes there is according to driver

find out if the tankers are refrigerated or not,

No they are not

plus the fact that you are likely to buy your LPG “when you are about to run out”

Most people try not do that some people get passing deliverys others have a device to inform the supplier refill at a set amount left ie 30%. Others top up when they think have used 400 litre. Not many people are daft enough to leave it to the last moment ie like this winter when you would have ended going without for a week or more. So you don’t really know the answer? By the way the variation is not that small between winter and summer.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘If they measure fuel in F1 by weight rather than volume, why don't we?’ is closed to new replies.